WiFi on Enchantment

I am taking my first RCCL cruse in Feb 2013. I have sailed on 3 other cruise lines and WiFi is different on each. Can anyone tell me if Enchantment has WiFi available and if so, where on the ship can it be used, what are the charges for it. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Buzz

I am taking my first RCCL cruse in Feb 2013. I have sailed on 3 other cruise lines and WiFi is different on each. Can anyone tell me if Enchantment has WiFi available and if so, where on the ship can it be used, what are the charges for it. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Buzz

WiFi is all over Enchantment now. Charges are as follows:

Base rate is $.65 per minute or choose from one of our prepaid packages:

$35 for 60 minutes

$55 for 100 minutes

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

$150 for 500 minutes

Buzz

I found it worked really well in stateroom, lounges and such but some others had trouble with the service mid cruise. You need to create an account and purchase a package if you want one but make sure and log off at end of your session!

Do you have to bring your own device or do they have computers onboard that can be used?

Also, the computers on board give you no access to USB ports, memory card readers, optical drive, etc., so if you want to upload photos from your camera for example, you'll need your own laptop.

Hi, just a quick butt in, we have sailed on Rhapsody (2011) and Radiance (2012), in Australia/Sth Pacific/New Zealand, and found that the ship wifi was very slow. That would be why you get charged by time in our opinion. We also tried to use our own 3g connections when in local ports, and when a ship with about 3000 pasengers and crew arrive, the connections are very difficult to get. It might be that RCI are not geared for the Southern Hemisphere as far as internet goes, but then we figured getting away from the internet is a good thing on holidays. We tried a ship phone call one time when our dog was very sick, and that was terrible quality, with the person on the other end barely able to understand us.

Hi, just a quick butt in, we have sailed on Rhapsody (2011) and Radiance (2012), in Australia/Sth Pacific/New Zealand, and found that the ship wifi was very slow. That would be why you get charged by time in our opinion. We also tried to use our own 3g connections when in local ports, and when a ship with about 3000 pasengers and crew arrive, the connections are very difficult to get. It might be that RCI are not geared for the Southern Hemisphere as far as internet goes, but then we figured getting away from the internet is a good thing on holidays. We tried a ship phone call one time when our dog was very sick, and that was terrible quality, with the person on the other end barely able to understand us.

I have read that folks will compose their email off line, then log in to send so as to not have to burn their minutes typing.

Yes, good idea to compose the email offline. We were trying to upload a few pics onto facebook to brag to family and friends. Not a big success several times. Also the ship blocks some things like skype I believe? Just didn't work the time we tried it.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used their iphone with the wifi service? Just trying to cover all my bases for my upcoming cruise :)

Yes, you can use an iPhone, iPad, etc. with the WiFi service. Cost is as Patti posted. Also, there are times the iPad cannot disconnect properly, so charges accumulate. See Guest Services if this happens. They can delete the excess charges and show you a URL you can use to disconnect.

Yes, you can use an iPhone, iPad, etc. with the WiFi service. Cost is as Patti posted. Also, there are times the iPad cannot disconnect properly, so charges accumulate. See Guest Services if this happens. They can delete the excess charges and show you a URL you can use to disconnect.

Thanks clarea -

DH and I will be on Enchantment in May and hubby will probably have an IPad by then that he'll want to use on board. Don't want to have problems with access. Your info was helpful.

Archived