Security - chef knives - Civitavecchia

Sarvowinner

Hi - we on RCL Navigator of the Seas departing from Rome on May 19, 2013. We run a cooking school near Lucca and my husband brings his knives from Australia. We have no problems with flights as they are in his checked luggage. Does anyone know if he will have a problem bringing them on board the NOS in his checked luggage?

Technically the answer would be yes. But worst case is they would want to hold the knives until departure..... Even in checked luggage there is a good chance they would spot the knives as they normally x-ray all luggage (its how they find booze).

Hank

Been there, done that.

:)

Only on a different cruise line.

Bought a set of professional knives in Germany and had them in the luggage (right on top of everything), because I expectet that they would be confiscated for the duration of the cruise.

Of course they were kept by Security and they issued a detailed description a a receipt something like "6 chef's knives, 30 cm blades, Wuesthof brand".

Just to make sure, I then snapped a photo of the knives, with the cruiselines receipt alongside it.

The night before disembarkation, I had a note under the door to remind me that "an item held for safe-keeping at the Security office, will be available for collection at the disembarkation door from 06.00 tomorrow morning. Please have your cruise card and receipt handy for varification"

Easy peasy....

Been there, done that.

:)

Only on a different cruise line.

Bought a set of professional knives in Germany and had them in the luggage (right on top of everything), because I expectet that they would be confiscated for the duration of the cruise.

Of course they were kept by Security and they issued a detailed description a a receipt something like "6 chef's knives, 30 cm blades, Wuesthof brand".

Just to make sure, I then snapped a photo of the knives, with the cruiselines receipt alongside it.

The night before disembarkation, I had a note under the door to remind me that "an item held for safe-keeping at the Security office, will be available for collection at the disembarkation door from 06.00 tomorrow morning. Please have your cruise card and receipt handy for varification"

Easy peasy....

Same thing happened to my BIL on a NCL cruise.

Archived