Rhine cruise

briody

In 2014, I want to do a Rhine cruise and am leaning towards AMA starting in Amsterdam and ending in Basel. The only time they have (can't do April) in May that I would still see tulips is May8th. My question is weather - is it still too cold that I will not enjoy the trip and should I forget the tulips and go the end of May.

I live in Colorado and hate the cold - figure that :confused:

I would prefer 70's but won't do summer months. I can handle 60's.

Thanks for your help

Briody

I would suggest May and yes the weather will likely be in the 60s at that time, but if you want to see the Tulips then that is when you have to go. Otherwise go at the end of May which is my favorite time to go, but there are no tulips.

I would also tell you to look at Viking. We have done several river cruises with the various companies (AMA, Avalon, Uniworld, and Viking) and by far Viking is our favorite.

If you have more specific questions feel free to ask and I'll try to help with whatever info I have from when we did it.

We forewent the tulips in favor of better weather and went in end of May and it was spectacular.

In 2014, I want to do a Rhine cruise and am leaning towards AMA starting in Amsterdam and ending in Basel. The only time they have (can't do April) in May that I would still see tulips is May8th. My question is weather - is it still too cold that I will not enjoy the trip and should I forget the tulips and go the end of May.

I live in Colorado and hate the cold - figure that :confused:

I would prefer 70's but won't do summer months. I can handle 60's.

Thanks for your help

Briody

Thanks everyone. The reason I was leaning towards AMA is Uniworld was more and I have read alot of complaints on Viking because the ship being bigger and crowded. I will have to look into Avalon.

If I have more questions on Avalon, I will let you know. I think I need to do the tulips at least once so I will go early May.

Thanks

Briody

Archived