Sky Aft Suites for 4? Sleeping arrangement?

rjm11

I am thinking about booking a 3 night on the Sky for next year, and would love to get one of the "Aft-Penthouse with Large Balcony" rooms- but the pictures I've seen online look like the sofa in the living room is a single... where does the 4th person sleep? Is there a pullman, or do they bring in a cot? Any other advice about this room? Thanks!

I was just in an Aft-Penthouse on the Jade, and I can't begin to think where the 4th person would sleep. The new sofas are little better than a three-quarter bed so I wouldn't want to put two people there unless they were small children. Plus when the sofa bed is made up there isn't room for a cot.

We were just in an Aft Penthouse on the Star and our suite did not have a sofa. It had a big comfy chair that could pull into a single bed. That being said, I have no idea where a fourth person would sleep. I think the suite is big enough to bring in a cot if required.

We are booked on the jewel in aft suite and even tho it says sleeps 2-4

It doesn't work that way!!!! Would only allow booking 3. We are traveling with family ( only two of us) so we booked one of daughters kids in our cabin. You might either try to book 4 or call.

Thanks for the responses... but it's my understanding that the Sky and Sun aft penthouses are different from the Jewel class ones... they have two rooms for example.... has anyone stayed in one of those?

Thanks for the responses... but it's my understanding that the Sky and Sun aft penthouses are different from the Jewel class ones... they have two rooms for example.... has anyone stayed in one of those?

We are staying in one starting on Friday. Only two of us, but I'll check on the sleeping options and get back to you next week.

If i was putting 4 in my Sun aft ph 9076 i would put one in sofa bed, two in master bed and one in a cot in master up by balcony. Might limit that door but all could use liv door to balcony. Very doable.

Oh, more... When we cruised in 2009 in 9076 I took master and mom

Took sofa bed. At that time the room said it slept 2. With only 20 suites on the Sun I think NCL was trying to accomodate families in suites. I think the sofa would work best with 2 kids. But if you consider 4 adults share an inside cabin a ph is even better.

I stayed in 0064. It is my favorite suite so far on NCL.

The pull out sofa is small and 2 could maybe fit but it is not the largest sofa bed in the world.

Ideally it would work best with children.

It looks like great minds think alike David. Since we said similar things at the same exact time!!! :)

Thanks everyone... I'm planning this for an 8 and 6 year old, so maybe it will work to have them both in the sofa bed? I'd love pictures or description when you get back next too! Thanks so much!

I was in 0064 on my very first cruise thanks to the upgrade fairy. I think that the living room could easily sleep 2 people esp kids, mom and dad would have the bedroom and every one would have access to the huge balcony. Too bad the AFT suites on the Jewel class ships are not as nice.

However there are more of them :D

Great idea checking youtube... I always forget about that... you can see the size of the couch in there- definitely looks doable! Now I'll wait for that NCL Mastercard to get here, and start booking!

We stayed in the aft penthouse. My then 14 and 6 years slept on the sofa bed. They had plenty of room. We were in 0264. The only thing I would suggest is going down one floor. We heard lots of noise from the chairs above. We had a couple of nights were it was rough and I felt like the back end of the ship was going to fall off. Not sure how else to explain it. But with that said. If that was the only room left and the price was right I would do it all over again. Best cruise so far in my short but growing cruising history. :) If I can find pictures I will post them for you.

Archived