Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Loved your review. Just paid my deposit for the conquest in January 2014.

Got cabin 9201. Can't wait.

I do have a question. I do not see "the quest" anywhere on the fun times. Did they not have it?

This is one of my favorite things to watch.

Thank you.

I don't remember hearing anything about The Quest and after a quick look, I don't see it in the Fun Times, either. It's been a while since I've seen in on a cruise, but maybe it is still on some ships or maybe only was on some ships?

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you.

I don't remember hearing anything about The Quest and after a quick look, I don't see it in the Fun Times, either. It's been a while since I've seen in on a cruise, but maybe it is still on some ships or maybe only was on some ships?

Enjoy your cruise!

I loved the detailed review, thanks! I'm on the Conquest the 24th and can't wait. We haven't cruised since 2006 and are anxious to do it again. I was especially interested in the pics you caught of "my" balcony. We're staying in 9202, and detailed pics/reviews seem to be hard to come by, even though these suites have been on other ships for quite some time. I plan to take as many pictures as I can before my wife's eyes roll right out of her head. Maybe a short video walk through as well.

Thanks again for your review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I loved the detailed review, thanks! I'm on the Conquest the 24th and can't wait. We haven't cruised since 2006 and are anxious to do it again. I was especially interested in the pics you caught of "my" balcony. We're staying in 9202, and detailed pics/reviews seem to be hard to come by, even though these suites have been on other ships for quite some time. I plan to take as many pictures as I can before my wife's eyes roll right out of her head. Maybe a short video walk through as well.

Thanks again for your review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're welcome and thank you!

• 1 month later...

We already have an excursion planned with Victor Bodden for the day, but hopefully we'll get back in time so we can spend at least a little bit of time there. The nature trail looks nice too!

GREAT choice! Hands down, my day spent with Victor Bodden tours was my best shore excursion day ever.

OP: So happy to find this awesome review! I just booked the Conquest for the repo cruise from NOLA to San Juan. Thanks a million for taking the time to share.

Gina

GREAT choice! Hands down, my day spent with Victor Bodden tours was my best shore excursion day ever.

OP: So happy to find this awesome review! I just booked the Conquest for the repo cruise from NOLA to San Juan. Thanks a million for taking the time to share.

Gina

You're welcome and enjoy your cruise. Sad to see Conquest go, but happy to see Sunshine arrive!

We will be doing Conquest one more time - April 21!

Thank you very much for posting the Alchemy bar drink menus. I was curious about them. Now I'll know what to ask for on our cruise!

or you can tell the bar tender your preferences and they can prescribe and concoct something for you!

If you like the sampling at the taste bar, will they give you a second helping?

as many helpings as you like, but you'll also want to save room for dinner.

or you can tell the bar tender your preferences and they can prescribe and concoct something for you!

That was the fun part - just name a flavor.

There are still observation "wings" but they didn't seem to be open to the public, or at least weren't on our sailing. They moved the observation area up 1 deck.

They were always open on the December 9th sailing. Guess it's hit or miss?

• 2 weeks later...
Sarge, thanks for the review and the posting of the Fun Times! It was great to see there are still a lot of music options on the ship.

We will be going back on the Conquest in July. Our first cruise was on her in 2005.

You're welcome! We are currently on Carnival Elation and board Carnival Conquest on Sunday, again!

Wave at the port webcam on sunday, but do it for a full minute so that we can see you.

I wish they hadn't blocked access to the streaming webcam, that was my favorite webcam ever.

but but but. I might spill my drink. :p

If they had the unlimited Internet package on Carnival Conquest, I might set up my own streaming webcam. :cool:

If anyone knows anything about Chankanaab, it is probably the dolphins.

Chankanaab and the rest of Cozumel was heavily damaged by Hurricane Wilma a few years ago and it took a while for them to rebuild, but the dolphin's were on of the attractions they brought back first, then the sea lions, and they now even have some manatees.

The dolphin pen is huge and at any given moment there could be several dolphin swims and other events going on. These are popular but not particularly cheap.

What many may not know is they have free sea lion shows and even a free dolphin/manatee show or two, although none of those allow you to participate. You can have a camera for the sea lion shows, but they don't allow them for the dolphins or manatees.

First of all your review is outstanding. Thank you so much. DH and I are going to Cozumel and I wanted to know if the beach at chankanaab is something that we would like. DH is a lot older than me and likes to lay out on the beach, while I like to get in the water. I actually want to try snorkeling and would like to know if this is a good place for it.

Thank you...BTW I'm addicted to your reviews.:D

Sarge.......we just got home from the Conquest (9th time) and loved all the 2.0 changes....sadly we probably won't be sailing on her again since she is leaving NOLA......

Say hello to Jasmina in the lobby bar from Beverly and Donna.....we spent lots of time talking with her and Mary Grace.....and Ardi at the Bloody Mary bar outside the Punchliners mixes a great BM.......