Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Thank you.

I though it was a little more, but the website says $21 and there is a coupon there you can also use (maybe). I forgot about it.

http://cozumelparks.gob.mx/

I did try to charge, but the card reader wanted a 4 digit pin and I don't know if the credit card I brought had one or not.

Also, if anyone wants to book the dolphin royal swim, it's alot less expensive to book through cozumelinsider . com. I booked it through them and the early you book the more of a discount you get. The price also includes admission to the park. We took a taxi (10 or 12 $ for the 4 of us each way). It was a wonderful day!

My DS riding the dolphin:

602684_10151309953424522_956638364_n.jpg

Hey Sarge, sorry if I missed it but could you post a picture of the Punchliner brunch menu if you have one.

Thanks is advance. My wife has Celiac disease and must eat gluten free and is accustomed to the regular menu options in the MDR for breakfasts. She just wants to see a brunch menu to make sure that she can partake in this dinning option too.

Hey Sarge, sorry if I missed it but could you post a picture of the Punchliner brunch menu if you have one.

Thanks is advance. My wife has Celiac disease and must eat gluten free and is accustomed to the regular menu options in the MDR for breakfasts. She just wants to see a brunch menu to make sure that she can partake in this dinning option too.

Not sure if I posted one or not, but posting again couldn't hurt. ;)

PL1.jpg

PL2.jpg

Okay, here's a short video of part of the reef off Mahogany Beach in Roatan

There is a sound track, so if you don't want music, turn down your speakers.

Maybe next time I'll try to make a more interesting one.

I'm at work, so I don't have sound coming out of the speakers, but the video is beautiful!

Do you by any chance know how much the clam shell rentals were ?

Thanks, I apologize in advance if this question has been asked.

Don't know. If you can rent them, I would guess $10 or $15. Location is probably first come, first served.

Mahogany Bay/Beach is private property. Carnival certainly owns part of the port and I imagine a piece of the action at the beach. I don't think you will have much luck beating whatever price the ship sells Mahogany Beach "tours" for. I think the ship would also have priority access to everything.

On our cruise, the ship did sell out of clam shells but most looked unused to me. I think perhaps because the weather was not the best.

Carnival does sell a package for $36 for two people which include tickets for the flying chairs (would cost $24 for 2 adults if you did on your own), a clam shell, 2 beach chairs (free but these would already be under a clam shell), and a couple of floats.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/518034

Really enjoyed your review & pics.

We decided to book this in Nov based on your postings but then noticed the Sunshine in Nov as well.

We wanted to sail from New Orleans & Sunshine new decks looked great but it is pricier NOW I see comments on the Old Destiny (which I have no info on at all) crowded, break downs, etc & am seriously considering going back to plan A & Conquest.

We want to book early enough to get the rate. Not sure the cheaper rate will hold until April reviews are in. What is your "gut feeling"?

Any comments on any background or which ship much appreciated.

Pat

Edited by eltigre

Really enjoyed your review & pics.

We decided to book this in Nov based on your postings but then noticed the Sunshine in Nov as well.

We wanted to sail from New Orleans & Sunshine new decks looked great but it is pricier NOW I see comments on the Old Destiny (which I have no info on at all) crowded, break downs, etc & am seriously considering going back to plan A & Conquest.

We want to book early enough to get the rate. Not sure the cheaper rate will hold until April reviews are in. What is your "gut feeling"?

Any comments on any background or which ship much appreciated.

Pat

Thank you.

I am not at all concerned about almost all of the comments about Destiny, having sailed on Destiny before. I am only slightly concerned about the thruster issue and whether or not it is fixed. I am not at all concerned about crowds.

Destiny begins a long voyage to Italy next Monday and any propulsion issues will quickly be identified. FYI, thrusters are not really needed - it just means tug assistance may be needed in port. Carnival Magic has had thruster issues off and on since before the ship moved to Galveston.

I love Carnival Conquest, especially after the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. Carnival Sunshine will have everything that was added to Carnival Conquest and more. One particular attraction of Carnival Sunshine is the 3 deck Serenity area, whereas Carnival Conquest doesn't have any.

We are booked on one of the Carnival Sunshine Med cruises (no concerns) and next week (or sooner), I will be booking a Feb, 2014 cruise on Carnival Sunshine - the Blogger's Cruise.

New ships, even new ships in recycled hulls command a premium price.

I love cruising from New Orleans and will cruise, on whichever ship is based there, without concern.

Anyway, if Destiny has any issues getting to Italy, I imagine there will be about 50 threads about it on Cruise Critic. :p

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

Who was the bartender at the Alchemy bar by chance, great review by the way, I will be sailing soon and can't wait to experience the 2.0 upgrades again. Sailed on the Liberty with 2.0 and it was awesome.

Who was the bartender at the Alchemy bar by chance, great review by the way, I will be sailing soon and can't wait to experience the 2.0 upgrades again. Sailed on the Liberty with 2.0 and it was awesome.

Just off the Conquest - Adri, Tetyana, and Izabela were the bartenders - all were phenomenal. Adri runs a Mixology class you do NOT want to miss - it was the highlight of the cruise for my husband.

Okay, here's a short video of part of the reef off Mahogany Beach in Roatan

There is a sound track, so if you don't want music, turn down your speakers.

Maybe next time I'll try to make a more interesting one.

Spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us.

Carnival does sell a package for $36 for two people which include tickets for the flying chairs (would cost $24 for 2 adults if you did on your own), a clam shell, 2 beach chairs (free but these would already be under a clam shell), and a couple of floats.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/518034

That's probably the best deal on the ship!

I spent quite a bit of time this morning looking over the Fun Times you posted, and I told my husband I was very upset about our upcoming cruise! He wanted to know why, I told him there were "too many fun things to do" and we wouldn't have time to do all of them!! :) Especially when there are 2 or more things happening at the same time that we'd like to do! Decisions! Decisions!! Can't wait though!! We board the ship in a week!!!

You're right about that! On a Legend cruise the last sea day I spent ALL day running from one activity to another having a blast!

I don't know and thank you!

Just off the Conquest - Adri, Tetyana, and Izabela were the bartenders - all were phenomenal. Adri runs a Mixology class you do NOT want to miss - it was the highlight of the cruise for my husband.

Okay - that's who! Thank you!