Stateroom "To Be Assigned"

Miss Kellybean

Hi there!

My friend and I have just booked a last minute deal on the Sensation and our stateroom is TBA. No big deal but I have a few questions for those that have done it that way before. First, obviously our luggage tags are not marked with our cabin number so when should we expect our things? Secondly, has anyone had the experience of getting their cabin assignment prior to checking in at the terminal? Lastly, my friend is Platinum, is it possible that we could get an upgrade when we check in or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks for your expertise! :)

Hi there!

My friend and I have just booked a last minute deal on the Sensation and our stateroom is TBA. No big deal but I have a few questions for those that have done it that way before. First, obviously our luggage tags are not marked with our cabin number so when should we expect our things? Secondly, has anyone had the experience of getting their cabin assignment prior to checking in at the terminal? Lastly, my friend is Platinum, is it possible that we could get an upgrade when we check in or is that just wishful thinking?

Thanks for your expertise! :)

If you don't have a cabin number before you get there ask the porter they will have a list.I don't think you will get a up grade. I'm platinum and only had one and that was the day before.When I use to use TBA I came out pretty good.But I'm not picky

I would keep checking your booking on Carnival.com for a cabin assignment right up to leaving for the pier. As a PP said, the porters will know what cabin number to put on your luggage tags. It shouldn't have any impact on when your luggage is delivered to your cabin.

Since you are booked as a guarantee cabin and you booked recently I wouldn't expect anything other than the category of cabin that you booked as. Any balconys will probably already have been sold or purchased as an upgrade already.

But never say never.......good luck and let us know what happens..

We are booked TBA on our upcoming Inspiration cruise. However, last week I checked our booking and we've been assigned a cabin number. We said we didn't care about where we are on the ship just as long as it's not an inside cabin and no obstructions to our view. There's limited balconies on the Inspiration, I think they are all suites. Doesn't look like we'll be in a suite.:cool: So, keep checking your cruise manager at the Carnival site. Carnival won't notify you either.

Thanks, y'all! For some reason I had in my mind that they would be assigning our cabin at the desk and that our luggage would just be in some room waiting for someone to get around to matching it to our names. Hahahaha. Seems pretty silly now that I think of it. Fortunately, I am not picky on the room and will take anything in my category. Pity that they don't have a "no screaming kids in the area" category. Hahahaha.

Yep, as noted above, just keep checking your booking with Carnival on line, and chances are pretty good that you'll see your cabin number soon. At that time, print your luggage tags, and you're all set. If you DON'T get assigned before you sail, once again, just ask the porter who takes your checked baggage, and he'll have a list of all the passengers, and their cabin numbers, and he can, and will attach a tag to your bags with the correct cabin number on it. No problem. As far as getting an upgrade, we book "TBA" quite often, and more often than not we do get an upgrade, but usually not a big deal. Probably just moved up to a higher deck, but there are exceptions. We've been upgraded from an inside to a balcony more than once! ;)

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

For those that have booked gurantee rooms before where you dont get to pick what experiences have you had with your room assignments? I have never booked this way, but am considering it now that its $50 less than early saver. I'm just curious what the odds are of getting a cabin on a higher deck? or do you usually end up on one of the bottom 2 decks with this type of rate?

I know it just depends on what rooms they have available so it wont be the same everytime. Just seeing what experiences others have had?

most guarantees are given in the category you booked.

on new ships ocèanview cabins are on the bottom two decks.

some cabins are located under noisy areas-galley is an an area i want to avoid.

We booked a TBA cabin last month for our cruise coming up next week and we got our assignment about a week after we booked. We got such a great deal, we didn't care and it's probably a good thing we didn't because we are forward on the main deck inside. Talked to my PVP Friday to pay my tips in advance and she told me that the new rate will fill up the front and back of the ship. If you book the lowest rate, those get the cabins that are hard to fill. She said it's their way of now filling the ship and those that paid a higher rate will be offered the upsells. Keep checking your cruise documents for a cabin number.

We booked a tba balcony and were told to expect a cove balcony on the Dream from our cvp..... We got our assignment yesterday and we're on the lido deck forward! I'd consider that an upgrade! I was looking forward to the privacy of the cove, but was hesitant to be possibly under the galley. I've always done tba and never been unhappy.

We did a pack n go in Dec (CCL doesn't offer this anymore:(). Booked a balcony and got the 9th deck forward on the Conquest out of NOLA. Our PVP says it does matter what level (platinum, etc) you might be and based on this experience I think she's correct.

We're waiting for our TBA for the Freedom Feb 17. We booked it to add a cruise after the Glory on the 10. We're gonna port hop from Miami to FLL. I hope we get assigned before we leave home, so we have the cabin on our luggage tags. I check daily & will hold off on printing them until I see a cabin # or just before we leave for FLL.

We had a pack & go in Nov. that was assigned to us within a day. We were about 2 weeks prior to sailing when we booked. Unfortunately, I became very ill and we couldn't go.

Hopefully you'll get that upgrade before sailing! :) I sailed last month on a cruise I booked about 2 weeks before - I booked a 1A (because I was sailing solo) and got my cabin assignment about 2 days before sailing. I was lucky and got upgraded to a 4D cabin on the Empress deck - which is exactly where I was hoping for. While I would have been content with the 1A I'd booked, I was thrilled with the upgrade. I think that's key - book the level you'd be content with, and hope for the upgrade. :) So good luck to you guys on your cabin assignment! I'm sure it'll be great! :D

I just checked and was assigned. It is a higher deck than I anticipated but under the galley. Oh well. If they're too noisy, I'll just sleep all day up on the deck. :p

Take some ear plugs and hopefully you won't need them. I'm really bad about sleeping with my television on all night and so noise doesn't really bother me too much.

I use to book GTY's all the time, but I really like being on the port side midship and that's kind of how my internal GPS system keeps me oriented, so now I always choose my cabin.

Archived