Currently aboard the Carnival Dream!

kivvo

Hi all,

I boarded the Carnival Dream this morning. First of all, I must say, embarkation at PC is incredible! We arrived at an off-site parking location on FL 528 at 9 am. The shuttle took us right to the port and we were checking in within 5 minutes. Check in as a whole took 5 minutes and we then had to wait until they were ready to board. They began boarding at 10:30 (with wedding groups, VIP, FTTF, etc) then by zone. We were on the lido deck eating lunch by 11am!

My first impressions of the ship: it's very large, but easy to navigate if you've sailed with Carnival before. Still have not gotten access to the staterooms, but we have a Deluxe Ocean View on the Riviera Deck. If I have time before sailing, I will update y'all. Otherwise, please look for a full review with photos next weekends!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. We sail on the Dream Jan. 19th :)

I have a friend going on that sailing. I will be note-taking each day and taking photos to post upon my return!

I have a friend going on that sailing. I will be note-taking each day and taking photos to post upon my return!

Was thinking of starting a similar thread! We're onboard with you:). FTTF got us on very quickly but

not really necessary because we were at the terminal early too. Our cove cabin was ready when we got on and it was great to unload our carry on stuff. By the time we finished unpacking our checked luggage was here too.

There was a LARGE line for people signing up for the Cheers program. We had BV alcohol delivered to our room, all we need now is some ice.

KIVVO, Have a wonderful cruise!!! We will be on her in 3 LONG weeks....

I would be interested in knowing if you can REALLY feel the motion throughout the whole ship as some have stated??? We will be in a mid-ship cabin on the 6th floor but would love to upgrade to a SPA cabin in forward, but really nervous about the motion:( Hubby has motion sickness from time to time....I want him to have a great vacation too.

BON VOYAGE!!! Look forward to your review next weekend:)

Was thinking of starting a similar thread! We're onboard with you:). FTTF got us on very quickly but

not really necessary because we were at the terminal early too. Our cove cabin was ready when we got on and it was great to unload our carry on stuff. By the time we finished unpacking our checked luggage was here too.

There was a LARGE line for people signing up for the Cheers program. We had BV alcohol delivered to our room, all we need now is some ice.

Wow! Impressive! I wish Conquest had FTTF, so that our room would be available as soon as we boarded - and getting your luggage so fast is a great perk. I feel like my cruise hasn't begun until I'm totally unpacked and done with the safety drill. Unfortunately, the last few cruises we didn't get our luggage until after the drill - I'd love to be unpacked and ready to relax so early in the day!

We sailed on the Dream two years ago, and had a wonderful experience. I agree embarkation was very smooth and quick and the ship is beautiful. I will be sailing on the Breeze this June and hope to experience the same thing. Hope you have a great cruise.

FTTF may be worth it if you're embarking in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Having sailed from both of those ports and, now, PC, I can say PC embarkation is down to a science. I would not recommend it, however, for PC embarkation because boarding is so easy and painless anyway. The only benefit FTTF would have at PC would be getting your stateroom ready earlier. We had to wait until 2pm and we still haven't gotten all the luggage.

First minor setback, CCL stopped offering the unlimited high speed weekly and daily packages on the Dream, effective yesterday. The internet manager sure has her hands full now since they handed us a flier advertising the weekly and daily high speed packages. There's a long lynch line up on deck 5!

First minor setback, CCL stopped offering the unlimited high speed weekly and daily packages on the Dream, effective yesterday. The internet manager sure has her hands full now since they handed us a flier advertising the weekly and daily high speed packages. There's a long lynch line up on deck 5!

omg ...are you kidding me, I was looking forward to that so much, what are they offering as far as internet goes, I will be on for two weeks and very important I reach family members

omg ...are you kidding me, I was looking forward to that so much, what are they offering as far as internet goes, I will be on for two weeks and very important I reach family members

480 mins for 159

240 = 89

120 = 59

45= 29

Or pay by the minute @ .75

We will be there 4 weeks from today. Sitting here looking out the window at the cold, gray, rainy day makes me happy knowing it won't be long. :D

We r leaving on the glory the day after you and as I look at the grey, snowy Chicago afternoon, I'm thinking the same thing!!

Haven't even booked as yet, going in a year and drooling at the thought already. A whole year of anticipation,staring at the menu's in the evenings, pretending what we might order if we were there right now. Pretending to feel the boat rocking me to sleep. Changing our minds incessantly about the excursions at each port. Awwww, another year of bliss.

Carnival.com is free to use while you are on the ship. All of ones who post have to be registered.

There is a Forum called 'Currently OnBoard', where passengers post updates on what they are doing.

Of course, it's a public Forum, so everyone who goes there can see what is written.

Melanie

I will be boarding as you are leaving....Hope everyone is having a blast and leaving some of the Cheers program for me. We are also doing the FTTF and can't wait to enjoy my Lido balcony as soon as we board! Looking forward to your review once I return!

Archived