Roast beef sandwiches everywhere!!!!!!

Do they do the beef sandwiches properly cooked? I don't like rare meat. They do look good but would look better cooked.

Sorry. What you see is what you get. Of course the core temperature may differ from meat to meat. But if you like your meat well done so it's grey in the middle, I think you will be disappointed.

The term "properly cooked" is floating and you will get different answers depending on which chef you ask.

My brother used to sell professional ovens for restaurant use. He told me the smart ones would weigh the meat in the oven and you only had to tell what kind of meat was in there and if you wanted it rare, medium or well done. Depending on which language you had set the oven for, the oven would cook the meat differently. If you set the oven for russian the meat would cook far longer than if you set it on french. The manufacturer had taken account for different cooking culture.

Now, that was off topic. I just wanted to share the story to show how different tastes we have around the globe. I like my met raw in the middle. :cool:

Can't wait to get a bite of it again!

roast_beef_sandwich.jpg

I also saw someone walking away from the counter with a bowl of sliced meat.

The roll is small-- a slider, really.

Just off the Enchantment. The rolls were about 3" around with a huge crunch, large salt crystals and poppy seeds. The sandwiches were very good, as were the paninnis. Because of the noro outbreak I chose the Park Cafe over the Windjammer for most lunches and breakfasts. My only recommendation is that these be placed in the Centrum like Princess' International Cafe.

On Monarch, the F&B Director Werner has very delicious carved fresh roast beef sandwiches with horseradish, au jus, on fresh baked rolls on the pool deck just after the drill for sailaway, with a special beer offering.

Rick and Deirdra

Wow...that's good to know..we sail on the Monarch tomorrow and this is the first I've heard of poolside sandwiches!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Do they do the beef sandwiches properly cooked? I don't like rare meat. They do look good but would look better cooked.

Color is not an indicator of doneness. A whole muscle cut of beef should only need to reach 135° F to be fully cooked and diminish your risk of Foodborne Illness. It can do that and still be pink.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

We loved them on the Allure.

First place we headed for upon boarding. We ran for it! Secured a table and enjoyed lunch. The place was mobbed within 15 mins.

We also ate lunch there most days.

'Double meat, and a smile' worked. But honestly it was too much meat.

We love it rare. Even as far as waiting 15 mins one lunchtime So they could serve the outside edges to other people.

Wow...that's good to know..we sail on the Monarch tomorrow and this is the first I've heard of poolside sandwiches!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

When we saw the roast beef sandwiches on Monarch, they were only offered on embarkation day. Hopefully that has changed and they offer them on other days too.

When we saw the roast beef sandwiches on Monarch, they were only offered on embarkation day. Hopefully that has changed and they offer them on other days too.

Are they the same sandwiches that everyone is talking about on this thread?

They look wonderful! I am curious if they are like the 'beef on weck' sandwiches they have in the Buffalo, NY area.

I am guessing that on Voyager class ships the sandwiches will be at the Cafe Promenade?

My husband is from Buffalo and says they are like the beef on weck. They are yummy!

That's exactly what I think they are!! Nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention this sandwich. (I'm from that area originally)

Mmmmm....homesick for the Beef on Weck!

Beef and Barrel Restaurant in Olean, NY (The Best IMO) or Beefeaters in Bradford, PA perhaps?

Archived