Rhapsody Suites.

I am Currently looking at 2 RCCI cruises on Rhapsody of the Seas. We are thinking either a Grand Suite or Junior Suite, could anyone advise if there is a noise problem associated with these cabins. Also my 11 yo granddaughter will be traveling with us could anyone advise the quantity and quality of suitable children's activities. A Happy New Year to all.

Hi Wyuna1

We have been on Rhapsody in a royal family suite and owners suite ... Lots of family members. We met people who were in a grand suite and junior suite and I would choose the grand suite over the junior as you get all of the extras with concierge service, larger cBin and very nice bathroom (also much larger than JS). The GSs on rhapsody are located on deck 8 under the pool and over the 12 nights of our cruise there were 2 parties on the pool deck which went until about midnight.

The DJ and music is set up directly above the starboard side GSs so if you choose a GS and are worried about the noise choose port side of the ship, ie. cabins starting with 80xx. The downside of this is that if you want to be on the side when the ship docks tonsee the port from your balcony then you need to be starboar, well if you are travelling to the south pacific. Always pros and cons to everything!

My 3 kids aged 18, 15 and 14 had a great time, kids program was good and well supervised. Although my son who is 14 used it the most.

Happy new year to you and ask away, i will try to answer as best I can.

Hi Wyuna1

PS the GS cabin is almost double the width of a JS and has a very large balcony. If you can choose a particular one for your dates, try and get the last one closer to mid ship. My In laws had the owners suite which was the first one after the royal suite and when the swell was big it was difficult to stand still so far up front of the ship.

We did Rhapsody before the refit early 2011, and had JS right under the overhang of the cafe near the Solarium. (I think it was 8062, but refit may have change the setup.) The cafe was open for 20 hours a day, had steel chairs on tiled floor, and then when closed they cleaned it and moved all the tables and chairs at about 4am. Earplugs helped, but anyone that visited our cabin could not believe the sounds. A couple 2 doors up in a JS were happy and felt they could hear nothing. Never went in to thier cabin, but I think they were actually under the servery area, so no chair scraping noise.

The Rhapsody being smaller has more rolling on the open oceans, compared to Radiance that we have been on, but if you are in the middle it is always said to be better than the front or rear. In general the doors into the hallways are incredibly soundproof, so if you look to be near stairwell it seems to be no issue at all. Also closer to walk to anywhere!

Archived