Easter Sunday

KatPem

if it is anything like Christmas day, there will NOT be much open at all. a few of the vendors in the Terminal building and Straw market but that's it.. most of the main shops along the streets were shut tight.

Easter Sunday is a big deal in the bahamas. Most shops won't open.. those that do will open late.

Most of the major tour operators will still go out, but not all.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I figured. I think we are going to just sight-see (Queen's Staircase and the fort, even if just from the outside) and then head to the beach. We are there from 7am to 3pm I believe. I would love to attend a church service there on Easter but we won't be dressed for Easter Sunday if we are going to be walking and going to the beach.

I remember being at the British Colonial Hilton for the day off a cruise on Good Friday a few years back and they didn't serve alcohol that afternoon because it was good Friday. They said they didn't serve until after 6:00 PM on Good Friday. So I'm sure Easter is pretty sacred for them as well.

Do you happen to know? Vendors at Junkanoo Easter Day?

Don't know.. I expect that it will be hit or miss. Easter is a big holiday in the bahamas.. Long church services and big family celebrations. These are all independent contractors... so make thier own hours.

I would think that you may find some vendors closed or at least opening very late.

Archived