Question on Belize

Cruisefriends

Belize in 2011 we went to the zoo and I did feel safe for the most part there was a few scetchy areas we drove threw to get to the zoo including armed check points..

i know some bad stuff has happeend in that country lately, just have to try to enjoy it and not think about the bad stuff

Our guides said the armed check points are for two reasons. One is to check for license and registration on cars. The other is to check for border type issues. The tour buses we were in were not stopped once and we were told we would not be. If you have traveled around much seeing armed check points is not unusual.

Belize in 2011 we went to the zoo and I did feel safe for the most part there was a few scetchy areas we drove threw to get to the zoo including armed check points..

i know some bad stuff has happeend in that country lately, just have to try to enjoy it and not think about the bad stuff

We booked with a local right on the pier. It was a city and country tour for 4 hours, very informative.

Could you please advise me how much you paid for the 4 hour city tour....and did you find the person inside the gated area?

Thank you very much Anthony going on carnival March 16 2013

my e-mail is hugs566@yahoo.com

again thank you for your time

Not to scare anyone but more to inform people..Belize does seem to have some issues..http://belize.usembassy.gov/emergency_messages.html

We leave 1-20-13 ..I am hoping that if it truly is unsafe Carnival will change ports..It's a tender port so if something starts to go bad its not like you can just run back to the ship..

• 3 months later...
We booked with a local right on the pier. It was a city and country tour for 4 hours, very informative.

do you happen to remember the name of the company and the price paid??

going there in Sept and not keen on Carnival's offerings.....

Archived