Where will the Grand be going on 12/10

madjohn

I am wondering where the Grand is going for 10 days starting on 12/10. I am taking it on 12/20 and it returns from a Hawaii cruise on 12/10. No where can I find where it is going for those 10 days. I figure someone here is smarter then me.

Any help from the experts?

I'm guessing a normal routine maintenance dry dock. These are usually around ten days. Nothing very exciting is done, such as scraping and painting the hull, inspecting and polishing the propellers, inspecting and cleaning the thrusters, checking and tuning up the engines, updating electronics (navigation, operational and entertainment), etc. Also carpet replacement in lounges, maybe reupholstering lounge furniture, etc. This is all stuff that can't or isn't done while passengers are onboard. Not very sexy and most probably won't notice any difference. Every Princess ship has a dry dock every 2-3 years. Kind of like taking your car in for an annual check-up and oil change.

Archived