Need your suggestions for IC beachcomber

land lover

So here is the deal...I booked the tahiti beachcomber on my own for a post after cruising on the TP.

How far is the beachcomber from where the ship docks?

What should cab fare be from ship to hotel, hotel to airport?

For those who have done the post through princess what time did they transfer you?

What is the best time to leave for the airport if flight is at 10pm?

Is the beachcomber really as great as the reviews..we are going to have a OWB lagoon

I read on one post long ago there is snorkeling on the site is this true?

Thanks for your help?:)

We didn't stay at the Beachcomber but went there the final day with some friends that had. Lovely property, just gorgeous. They also had an OWB and they are fabulous.

Sorry, I can't remember what the cab fare was from the port to the hotel.

They have a great little coral reef for snorkeling, lovely pool, great outside bar and our friends said that on some nights they have a dinner with entertainment that was well worth the price of (I am pretty sure this is the correct amount) $75 per person. They said it was worth every penny.

I am sure you will have a lovely stay.

Just returned from the ICB post-cruise last Sunday.

True, it is a lovely looking property. Two pools, a lagoon to snorkel in (with fish and stingrays), a swimup bar. They had a dinner show every night we were there which was Tues. thru Sat. The shows are worth seeing but not for the cost. A $100 dollars per person is a bit steep for Friday's seafood buffet with it's overcooked seafood, IMHO. Just sit at their outside Tiki Bar and buy a drink and watch. The bar is located right next to the stage.

Airport to the pier: We arrived at 6:20, an hour thru customs, cleared our bags and were in a cab and at the ship in about 2 hours. Cab costed $20 bucks. Don't take the Princess transfers. Too costly and you have to wait for everyone.

Ship to the ICB: Took a cab - another $20. ICB is about 6 or 7 miles from the ship. ICB to the airport for our 10:00 flight took 2 minutes to get there. Prearranged with the same taxi driver to take us there, costed $15. She picked us up at 7:30 pm. A great time as everyone poured in right behind us not 10 minutes later. That's when the airport turned into a zoo!

I also read great reviews about this resort. Yes it's nice but we wouldn't stay there again. This resort is the closest to the airport and you definitely will hear the planes! We were in a panoramic room, which are the furthest from the runway and boy could we hear those evening flights leaving! From 10:00 pm till 3:00 am! Needless to say, those who stayed in the moto bungalows really got to hear the noise as they are the closest to the airport. The lagoon bungalows are further away, but there is no escaping the noise I'm afraid.

Sorry to sound negative ... we did have a GREAT time and are going back on the cruise in '07. Won't be staying at the ICB, or the Sheraton (already tried that one too). Probably Moorea this time.

Happy Cruzin' :D

we stayed there too, only saw one plane and didn't hear too much more noise than that. We loved the place, and I didn't think I would like a resort. we paid 18 for a cab from thi IC to the airport, 20 from the pier to the IC. We will stay there again post cruise, we were able to stay in our room until 8pm for an 11pm flight.

we watched the show, but didn't buy the overpriced overrated buffet, we bought off the reg. menu. they seated us one row back with no table cloth and paper napkins-big deal- and it cost us 15pp for what we had.

thanks Rberne1 and everyone you really gave me great info... We will be going in August my DH always says do what is ever easiest.... I always want to get the best bang for our buck...he never asks just pays the price....so it is nice to have a rough of what we should pay for cabs so we don't get taken advantage of.:)

Just use goggle search and type in Tahiti Beachcomber...for some choices.

I booked directly with the resort...also ask about joining the ambassador club

this will give you more benefits.........

I tried booking directly with the resort but the poor girl at the other end and I just could not communicate.. I could barely understand her and she could barely me.. She was able to tell me to send an email to the resort to book directly with them I sent it and it has NOT come back undeliverable but I havent gotten a response in 3 days.

Can you email me a phone number??

Bsan1221@aol.com

Am so excited........................................

I just booked my stay at the IC Beachcomber in Tahiti in the Island of Papeete. My boss got me an EXCELLENT price.... Am soooo happy I can jump for joy..!!!

one note on the cabs, our first day in Tahiti, we went to the taxi station to ask how much cab fare is to th eIC. when it was time for us to go on the last day, the cab driver gave us a higher price so we told him no thanks we would get another cab, he quickly lowered his price to what we had been told earlier. they are supposed to have fixed prices, but you may want to question something that seems high. We had no problems with the fare from the IC to the airport, however.

one note on the cabs, our first day in Tahiti, we went to the taxi station to ask how much cab fare is to th eIC. when it was time for us to go on the last day, the cab driver gave us a higher price so we told him no thanks we would get another cab, he quickly lowered his price to what we had been told earlier. they are supposed to have fixed prices, but you may want to question something that seems high. We had no problems with the fare from the IC to the airport, however.

Thanks for the "heads-up".....

How much should the fare be from the port to the hotel??

ALSO, i started reading many, many, many reviews regarding the hotel in papette(sp?).... the reviews are all over the place, some people say it was wonderful, others say it was just ok and other say it was horrible, does any one have a review about this hotel a true and accurate one???

Also, which one is nicer the one on Papette, Bora Bora or Moorea???

Which is better for post and pre cruise stays..???

port to hotel should be around 20 for both of you. somethimes they charge a per bag fee too. you might check out epinions , I think there are reviews about it there.

Thanks..

What was your take on the hotel???

Do you think 3 day pre is too much ??? And what about NOT doing post?? is that not good??

I dont know if to reduce 3 days to 2 pre in Papette and 2 post in Moorea...

Am soo confused.. AHHH!!!! :o

I loved the resort. we did one night post cruise there. I would highly recommend at least one night post cruise, if for no other reason you are not going home with 600 other people. I think I could have stayed there for more nights since we found it to be so nice, and beautiful and relaxing. I would think about taking the ferry to Moorea for the day. If I had the choice, I would opt for two nights on Moorea pre cruise and two on Tahiti post. The reason I would switch the pre and post islands is so that you can stay in your room on Tahiti until it is time to go to the airport.

yes they did, it cost us less than 50% of our room rate. they did have, free of charge, a day room, but we liked being able to stay in our room to nap and shower before leaving.

Thanks for all the great information.. ;)

Archived