Anyone call Jenny?

Let'sGo!

Hi all,

I decided to join up with Jenny Craig this past Saturday. I went and did my weigh in, measurements, etc. I bought my food -- which is surprisingly pretty tasty!

Knowing I had a birthday dinner and an anniversary dinner to attend, I decided to make today my start day. I'm one of those people who likes to start things on the first day of the week -- which for me, is Monday.

I set a "mini-goal" of 10 pounds... believe me I real goal is much more than that. But I think reaching the mini-goal will help motivate me, so I'm going that route.

We shall see!

Would love to hear from anyone else who's launching a new "you" project for 2013!

Ann

I'm bumping your thread up.

I have not called Jenny. My SIL did Jenny last year. It was a very successful program for her. She ate the food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and supplemented with fresh fruit and veggies. She hasn't shared what her weight loss has been, but she has lost quite a lot of weight and inches over the past year.

She did get tired of it. Or rather, she got tired of them trying to "upsell" her. IDK exactly what all that means, but she has just now stopped the program and is trying to continue the portion control on her own.

I suppose I am launching a new "me" program in 2013. I started my new me project in Sept 2010 and was dedicated until July 2012 when we moved from Texas to Georgia. The transition has been a difficult one...I have not been active, nor have I been eating too well. I'm using the new year to rededicate myself to myself and my well being.

My first mini-goal will be to get back to the point I was at in July when we moved. Sadly, that's between 15 and 20 pounds for me. I know what to do though...so it's all good. These things happen and moving is very disruptive.

I loved Texas. Went to school in San Antonio. Lived in DFW (Mid-cities area) for several years. Lived in Houston area for the past 6 years. LOVE Texas.

Hi Anita!

I live in San Antonio... grew up in Corpus Christi. I think I would really miss Texas too, if I ever had to leave.

I understand how those little bumps can throw your life off track. That happened to me a couple of years ago. I had lost nearly 60 pounds and had really changed my lifestyle when I started to plateau in a big way. I finally sought help from my doctor and was diagnosed with Lupus. I guess it's taken me a year and a half to get my mind back in the right place.

By the way, I lost 6 pounds on my first week on Jenny. I don't expect my second week to be so spectacular, but I'm hoping to at least keep the scale coming down.

Good luck to you as you resume your "new you" journey!

Ann

Congratulations, Ann on your 6 pounds lost! That's fantastic! Have you been drinking your water? I must admit that this is a constant struggle for me... I get distracted and forget to drink...but it's amazing the difference drinking water can make.

I just love San Antonio! Such good memories! DH and I both went to Trinity. Such a great town.

I'll have to google Lupus, because even though I've heard of it...I'm not really sure what it is.

Don't get discouraged if week 2 isn't as great. I had also lost almost 60 pounds at the time of our move. During the time I lost that weight...my weight would come off in intervals...big dips and then little to no change in between sudden losses. Was it like that for you when you lost the 60?

Yes, absolutely.

In fact, it was when I started to plateau and had no weight loss week after week, that I got tired of Jenny and decided to stop it. Unfortunately, I figure that was when I started gaining back 20 pounds!

I know I won't have as a big a loss week 2, and weeks after. But as long as I'm seeing some kind of loss I'll be happy.

How's you week going? Back on track?

Ann

Archived