Solstice Pool Deck Open or Closed?

MariahJ

I'm considering a cruise to New Zealand on the Solstice. New Zealand is always cold, so I would like to find a ship with a covered pool deck so I can have a chance of actually swimming on the cruise? Does anyone know if that is the case on the Solstice?

Luckily the S class ships now have a real indoor pool (but not very big) as opposed to a huge spa/pool on the M class ships. In fact a few years ago we took a TA on a HAL ship just because they had a sliding pool enclosure so their outdoor pool could be used in cold weather.

Yes, the Solarium is for adults to enjoy a peaceful pool area without the kids yelling and jumping into the pool. Plus, not any judgement here, but no child who is not out of diapers or pull ups, otherwise not fully potty trained, is not allowed in any pool or hot tub, as per the ship's rules.

Yes, the Solarium is for adults to enjoy a peaceful pool area without the kids yelling and jumping into the pool. Plus, not any judgement here, but no child who is not out of diapers or pull ups, otherwise not fully potty trained, is not allowed in any pool or hot tub, as per the ship's rules.

Actually that is not entirely correct and since the OP is writing about a cruise with cool weather, here is Celebrity's policy on the Solarium..

* During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise

I do agree however about the diapers...

Luckily the S class ships now have a real indoor pool (but not very big) as opposed to a huge spa/pool on the M class ships. In fact a few years ago we took a TA on a HAL ship just because they had a sliding pool enclosure so their outdoor pool could be used in cold weather.

There are many people who strongly disagree with you that this classifies as 'luckily'. The T-pool is my favorite spot on the ships, and there are many who feel the same. The Solarium is beautiful, but the water is cold. Nothing like taking a warm relaxing dip in the T-pool when the weather is cool (or anytime for that matter). Many of us who used to sail M class mourn the loss of our precious T-pool. To each their own, but I had to put in a good word for T-pools:D:D

Archived