Sailing in Sydney

We are thinking of taking a sailing tour or excursion when we are in Sydney. The one offered by our cruise ship (by HAL) is too long (6 hours) and we only want something thats a few hours. Has anyone done a private sailing tour out of Sydney or have heard about any sailing excursion they could recommend? Thanks for any ideas.

Hi, There are no sailing tours located out of Sydney the closest we have would be in Baddeck abourd the Ameba sailing in Which your cruise ship will be sailing on . What i would suggest to you is get a tour company to take you up and have the arrangements made for you or try it on your own either by grabing a a shuttle service located out of sydney to take you to baddeck. Or try Birds Island tours where the sailing tours are approx. 3 hourslong but not located in baddeck the are located in by the seal island bridge near englishtown. I hope this helps.:)

• 1 month later...

whale watching is interesting if you've never been. Its fairly lengthy, buty you will meet some very interesting locals. If you are going to be near the Seal Island Bridge, eat at the Cedar House, my fave restaraunt in the area, we eat there at least once a week! (try the banana bread).

there are no sailing tours out of sydney itself you would have to travel to either baddeck or < Englishtown or Seal Island. to give you and idea of what these people offer. Baddeck is the sailing trip offer by the cruise ships. englishtown or Seal Island are both bird island sailing tours with puffins eagle seals and all other bird wildlife. if your intrested in going I can suggest a local company down here to get you there. its www.tartantours.ca or contact them @ 902 578 4501.

Archived