special dining

billieholiday

Hi!

I have an similar question.

I can't find the teppanyaki on ncl.com.

I'm able to book Shogun for example.

Does it means that they are booked out for teppanyaki?

best

Richard

What ship are you sailing on?

Perhaps I am confused, but I thought Shogun was a teppanyaki style restaurant.

Also, it's worth noting that they only allow a certain percentage of advance bookings in all the restaurants, so even if the one you want to book does not show, it is still not sold out and should be available once you board. Just make sure to get your booking in as soon after boarding as possible, to ensure you get the day/seating time you prefer. ;)

Have a great cruise!

Other than Teppanyaki, the other specialty restaurants are usually not crowded. You can usually just walk up and get into them without a reservation. At worse, you can book on board the morning of an evening you wish to eat in one. That's never been a problem for us. However, Teppanyake is usually filled each evening because of its popularity and limited seating. You might need to book it while on board a day or two in advance

we are cruising on norwegian spirit, so i will book dining in restaurants. i can not find on the site when i can book for these restaurants.

thank you its our first ncl cruise

Hi Billieholiday,

You can book 45 days prior to your sailing. Keep in mind that if you make a reservation ahead of time, your credit card will be charged at booking. If you have any onboard credit, it is best to wait with booking as you can use the OBC to pay for the reservation. Also, not all the times are listed as available for prebooking. Something only like 30 percent of the space is available.

Have a great time!

FYI: My daughter moved to Rotterdam recently and is working in Den Hague.

we have a shop in the hague maybe your dougter now us we have a fishshop

can you tell me what is the best time too go diner in the evening there are shows and we will not miss them.

You shouldn't have any problems getting into a show that you want. You will find there are early and late times. If you want to eat early, go ahead and then hit the late show. Or vice versa.

What is the name of your fish shop? I will ask my daughter if she is familiar with it? Are you in Centraal?

We have cruised 21 nights on NCL in the last year or so and I can say, we probably ate in a specialty restaurant 18 of those nights. I don't think exept maybe one night on my birthday, did I make a reservation more then 6 hours prior to dining. The best two restaurants, Le Bistro and Cagneys almost never are filled, and even the Japaneze restaurant is pretty easy if you book at no more then a day in advance.

I would not worry too much. I also can say, that several times, I walked up to the host or hostess 20 mintues before we wanted to eat and got right in.

I think I read that children can go to a speciality restaurant and order off of the kids menu at no extra charge. But I can't find that now. Is that true?

Yes. :)

CHILDREN EAT FOR LESS

Children 3-years old and younger

always eat for free. In our specialty

restaurants, children 4- to 12-years

old can choose from a complimentary

Kids’ Menu or from the restaurant’s

Specialty Kids’ Menu for half price

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_05212012.pdf

I think I read that children can go to a speciality restaurant and order off of the kids menu at no extra charge. But I can't find that now. Is that true?

Ages 4-12 when dining off the specialty restaurant menu are half price; under 4, free.

All kids ages 12 and under are free when eating off the regular kids menu meaning chicken strips, spaghetti, hot dog etc.

We have cruised 21 nights on NCL in the last year or so and I can say, we probably ate in a specialty restaurant 18 of those nights. I don't think exept maybe one night on my birthday, did I make a reservation more then 6 hours prior to dining. The best two restaurants, Le Bistro and Cagneys almost never are filled, and even the Japaneze restaurant is pretty easy if you book at no more then a day in advance.

I would not worry too much. I also can say, that several times, I walked up to the host or hostess 20 mintues before we wanted to eat and got right in.

Depends on when you cruise. Teppanyaki was impossible to get into last year over spring break w/out a reservation. The others were not hard, provided you didn't mind eating later. The Italian and French places were probably the easiest to get into. I think this year, I will probably only pre-book Teppanyaki again. The rest of the time we can just wing it.

On our Spirit cruise even at 45 days ahead we couldnt book Teppanyaki. However once onboard I noticed several times on the "TV availability for Specialty dining" that this restauarant was available for booking/dining at the last minute and was also available ahead of time for sure if we had booked right away upon boarding.

Archived