Royal Loft Suite Question

I know to book this cabin they want a minimum of 4 people but if final payment comes up and the cabin is available, would they upsell me to this cabin if I only have 2 people? Currently we have a crown loft and I figure if the price is right, I would surprise my husband. Give me your thoughts and price you think it would cost. Thanks

Two years ago we were on a B2B on the Allure booked in a Sky Loft for the two weeks. About a week before we were to leave for the first week, RCI called and offered us an upsell for the Royal Loft for the second week of our cruise. We accepted the offer. If the Royal Loft is available, they start the upsell offers with the guests booked in the two Sky Lofts first. If they turn it down, not sure which category receives the next call. We only had two people booked in our cabin. Our upsell cost was $2500.00 for the week to upgrade. For an upsell from a CL I suspect that the cost would be higher.

Edited by cruisingator2

We have stayed in it with 4 and will be in it with 5 people in March. This fall it became available for the week previous to our sailing for 2 people. If I remember correctly it was priced at around $15,000 for 2 occupancy. When we sailed the price for 4, for July 4th cruise was double after tax. This March it will be approximately $28,000 after tax for 5.

It was approximately 3 weeks prior to our sailing date when it became available for 2 person occupancy. We too like cabin 1720 for the same reasons stated previously.

Hope this info helps,

Andrew

• 1 year later...

last sept 4 of us were booked in two cabins- a crown loft and a jr suite - we got a call from royal 5 days prior to our sailing with an offer to give up the two rooms for the royal loft at no extra charge-- Jumped at it - best cruise ever!!!!!

Royal loft was incredible!!!!!

last sept 4 of us were booked in two cabins- a crown loft and a jr suite - we got a call from royal 5 days prior to our sailing with an offer to give up the two rooms for the royal loft at no extra charge-- Jumped at it - best cruise ever!!!!!

I'd take that deal.:D

It was an offer I couldn't refuse. My adult son and his wife were with us. - he described the cabin to his co workers as "a house that just happens to be on a boat" We spent lots of time in our cabin and on our deck. Now the problem is - nothing will ever live up to it - am booked on the oasis in april 14 in an owners suite - so spoiled now -

• 1 year later...
It was an offer I couldn't refuse. My adult son and his wife were with us. - he described the cabin to his co workers as "a house that just happens to be on a boat" We spent lots of time in our cabin and on our deck. Now the problem is - nothing will ever live up to it - am booked on the oasis in april 14 in an owners suite - so spoiled now -

that is our fear of booking a suite...won't want to go back to a balcony lol...but at the price difference we'd rather vacation more often.

Why sky loft 1720? I am just curious because we were in that suite for a November 2016 sailing. RCL called and they had double booked the room by accident so they asked us to move to 1728 in exchange for $200 onboard credit. I said yes but now wonder if I messed up.

Why sky loft 1720? I am just curious because we were in that suite for a November 2016 sailing. RCL called and they had double booked the room by accident so they asked us to move to 1728 in exchange for $200 onboard credit. I said yes but now wonder if I messed up.

What ship are you sailing on? On Oasis and Allure 1720 is a SLS and 1728 is a CLS. There is a substantial size difference between a CLS and SLS in the actual cabin and balcony size. Did they reduce your cabin cost as well as the OBC offer? There is usually a significant price difference between a CLS and the larger SLS.

On Harmony the cabin numbers are different but the SLS are located in the same spots as Oasis and Allure. Please clarify and I might be able to answer you questions better.

Edit: On Harmony 1720 and 1728 are both CLS.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Allure. I was assured the rooms were exactly the same.

I just deleted everything I had typed when I read this. $200 OBC to move a few rooms in this case is good IMO. I am glad to hear it was a room number mistake. :)

We have stayed in a CLS and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Andrew

Curious to know if anyone who booked/sailed with RCL in the Royal Loft Suite on Anthem of the Seas or on any of the Quantam classes received any additional benefits from concierge that were not listed on the website?

I know that you get free drinks in the lounge between certain hours, but has anyone ever received any beverage package for free or at a discounted price? Complimentary internet? Complimentary specialty dinners?

Doesn't seem fair that people already booked in these suites prior to the May 2016 launch of their new program don't receive any of these perks.

We're debating on upgrading to this suite, but for the extra $7000 something has to be worth it.

Any info would be great!

We had Sky Loft Suite 1720 three years ago and the balcony is larger than the other Sky Loft Suite balcony.

September 2014, We were booked in an OS and our friends a couple of doors down in a D2, received a phone call 2 days prior to cruise offering us the Royal Loft Suite for no charge if we all moved - needless to say we did !!!

Curious to know if anyone who booked/sailed with RCL in the Royal Loft Suite on Anthem of the Seas or on any of the Quantam classes received any additional benefits from concierge that were not listed on the website?

I know that you get free drinks in the lounge between certain hours, but has anyone ever received any beverage package for free or at a discounted price? Complimentary internet? Complimentary specialty dinners?

Doesn't seem fair that people already booked in these suites prior to the May 2016 launch of their new program don't receive any of these perks.

We're debating on upgrading to this suite, but for the extra $7000 something has to be worth it.

Any info would be great!

Check your original thread. I have a response for you there.