3800 on VOS??

A friend just got back from VOS cruise over Xmas. He said that there were 3800 passengers onboard - and LOTS of (unsupervised) children. I guess that large number would come from all the 4 berth cabins (2 berths converted to 4 for families?)

He ate just once in the buffet -- too many people, not enough seats -- and the rest of the time in the MDR. Reported good food in the MDR. Personally, I am not a lover of ship's buffets and try to avoid them as much as possible.

He also reported a lack of "attentiveness" on the part of staff ??? -- this doesn't worry me too much - I hate being fussed over and prefer to be left alone by staff.

Barry

We were on the VOS Xmas cruise. Yes there were a lot of kids on board which I found were well behaved for the most part. The buffet was quite crowded at peak times but we always managed to get a table. I found the staff great, not all over you but very friendly and very helpful when needed. This was our first cruise on RCI and we loved it. Had an accessible balcony as dh is confined to wheelchair. Found the ship to be very accessible with plenty of room in cabin and balcony. Food was wonderful by the way.

Christmas cruises would be wall to wall kids, our NZ cruise will have a lot less I would expect.

We usually eat out of main peak hours anyway, so don't expect to have issues with seating really or with kids crying in the MDR etc. :D

I found Royal staff were good at keeping out of your way but always seemed to be there when needed.

I too hate to be bothered by over attentive staff, I usually like to do things for myself & don't need pampering.

I can walk to the bar if I want a drink, every bit of exercise is helpful to keep the cruise kilo's at bay! :D

Archived