Upgrade question

izodlacoste

I just booked on CP for one month from now. They only had insides available. I got a guaranteed cabin (no cabin number yet). I am on a waitlist for upgrade to either outside or balcony or whatever is better than an inside. Anyone ever get off the waitlist? Should I call them daily or will they call me? When will I know? Thanks in Advance.

I really hate to dampen your obvious excitement, but everyone is on the "waitlist" (never heard it called that before!) for an upgrade unless you specifically request NOT to be. Did this information come from a travel agent trying to close a sale, perhaps? A guarantee means simply that you will receive at least the type and category of cabin you selected. Sometimes you might do better, rarely very much better. Just don't be surprised if you end up with what you've paid for.

Don't bother calling. They'll call you. Actually, they'll inform the agent you booked through.

I just booked on CP for one month from now. They only had insides available. I got a guaranteed cabin (no cabin number yet). I am on a waitlist for upgrade to either outside or balcony or whatever is better than an inside. Anyone ever get off the waitlist? Should I call them daily or will they call me? When will I know? Thanks in Advance.

Are you waitlisted for an outside or mini that you will pay for or for a complimentary upgrade? If it is complimentary that you are looking for, then Rob is exactly correct. Probably 95% of the ship is on that waitlist with you. Sorry. :(

But I am sure you will enjoy the cruise no matter what cabin type you end up in.

Never heard of a waitlist for an upgrade.. If you booked a GTY inside you might remain there if the ship is sold out like you say.. I guess everyone loves Alaska this time of year..

It was not for a free upgrade. We want to pay. PRincess told me about the waitlist myself. When I booked, they only had inside. They said that I would be put on the waitlist to get an outside cabin (for $) if one opens.

I would ask how many people are ahead of you on the waitlist...if you get a knowledgeable rep.

they can give you alot of info......if you get a dud just hang up and call back one advantage booking directly with princess never have to feel you are bugging them or have to wait for a call back. I have really had some very helpful reps when I have booked late through princess. G:) :) D LUCK!

I agree that it doesn't hurt to keep calling. Last year we were told by Princess that all the 3 passenger cabins were sold out for a specific date on the Diamond (trying to hook up with my sister and her family), and I kind of gave up as we were leaving for Hawaii. When we got back I called again and was told that we could waitlist (small deposit required). We did so, and moved from #81 to #22 to #3 on the waitlist over a period of about 3 weeks. In the end we got stuck at #3 and never got on the ship. If I knew that we could wailist before we left for Hawaii (April) we probably would have made it on the cruise. Moral is: keep asking questions; sometimes a helpful agent from Princess come up with something that works for you.

HI IZOD,

I just looked at the availablility for July on the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS. There are no outside cabins for July 2nd. July 9th. has outside cabins available and July 23rd has balconies available. You might luck out and get a nice inside upgrade to an upper deck which is not so bad.

ROSS

Archived