Booking Portofino's on VOS??

I booked the day we got on board for two seperate nights.the ambience was nice,what was on the menu was available in the main dining room at dinner for an extra cost anytime.The food was good, even though I could'nt get my fillet mignon wrapped in bacon like in most australian restaurants we go to.The Lobster was cheaper in the dining room too. For the extra $20 each it was only OK. On the strength of our first visit we cancelled our second booking .

Anyway - I have decided to "pre-book" for Portofinos through the RCL website. We will take it as it comes - and we will go with no expectations (which we always try to do). Frankly, nobody should have too high expectations of a $20 per head addon restaurant. :)

We enjoyed the addon restaurants on Oriana (when it was Gary Rhodes) and P&O Arcadia's Orchid (Asian fusion) and the Luke Mangan Salt Grill on Pac Pearl - but were a little disappointed with Todd English on QM2 -- but they were all more expensive than $20.

I find I spend more money on the wine than on the food in these places :rolleyes:

Barry

We went twice. The first time was a wine-paired degustation night which was (I think from memory) $54 a head. Not as good as Chef's Table but enjoyable.

The second night was with friends with a standard menu and was very good.

Portafinos seemed to get more popular as the cruise went.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Di

We went to the "sailaway" ($14 per head for 10 people) special the first night. This special MUST be booked through the website prior to boarding.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked again for a night in the 2nd week.

The first time I had the fillet steak, the second time the seafood platter. Very enjoyable and at such a reasonable price, it was a change from the MDR!

Gae

Hello

We dined three times on our December 8th cruise. The food was extremely nice and worth the $19 odd per head. Fillet steak was very nice. The dessert sampler was divine.

However, there were too many courses and it was all so delicious that you had to over-indulge.

MDR food is excellent. I would recommend only one night at Portofinos.

Hope you enjoy whichever way you choose.

Debbie:)

Oh and on the dining room food debate between princess and rci ..... We thought they were on par..... On voyager most of the servings were larger ..... But according to the bread roll king Garry...... Princess rolls are better

I was on VOS on its first trip down under. I dined twice in Portofino. The food were worth more than $60 if dining out in Perth. Fillet mignonette filled up 3/4 of the plate and I had to share it with others. My dining companion enjoyed the seafood which was served skewered. Definitely pre booked as this is a small venue and lots of birthdays were celebrated here. You are allowed 24 hours to cancel the bookings. Allow 2 hours of fine dining. I also found the food excellent at the main dining room especially the lamb chops!! A beautiful ship especially The Royal Promenade. Please maintain strict hand hygiene to avoid Nora virus. We brought antiseptic wipes to clean all surfaces in the cabin everyday.

Archived