Venice - Flight after cruise

Carolina Daisy

Hi all, we're on the 7/19 sailing of the Jade that returns to Venice on 7/27. I'm getting ready to book our flights and have found one that leaves Venice at 12:30pm and we could get home to NC that night. My question is should we be able to catch that 12:30 flight out of Venice? If we can make it, we won't have to get a hotel room anywhere for Sat. night, and after 2 weeks of vacation (London and cruise) we probably won't be able to afford it! Thanks, Debra

We made the 12:30pm flight in November. Leave the ship early. The Venice airport is a disaster. Totally disorganized. Rather than lines they have mobs with each person trying to get ahead of the others. Also, be sure to print your boarding pass on the ship.

We ended our cruise in Venice as well and we left the ship around 07.30 a.m. that day and we made it without problems. Venice Airport is about 20-25 mnts far from the dock and unless you want to spend 1 more day in this unique city I tell you....no problems!

We ended our cruise in Venice as well and we left the ship around 07.30 a.m. that day and we made it without problems. Venice Airport is about 20-25 mnts far from the dock and unless you want to spend 1 more day in this unique city I tell you....no problems!

Thanks for the info. We will spend a 2 days in Venice prior to the cruise so we will get to enjoy the city. And before that we'll have 4 days in London. Thus by the time the cruise is over, we will be SO ready to get home!

You'll be fine!

We had a noon flight to JFK, on a Wednesday in early June. Not a busy cruise day.

We took the 9:20am ATVO express bus which arrived at 9:35am. We only had about 10 minutes to spare after getting thru security; just long enough for one last gelatto.

I imagine it will be much busier on a Saturday so I would suggest arriving 3 hrs before departure.

Archived