I'm single and have no children. Is R Family Vacation for me?

NYC95

I work on a college campus so there are times when a vacation would be out of the question for me. RSVP and Atlantis are both going to,Alaska, this year.

Unfortunately, the cruises are right smack in the middle of registration. However, on July 2nd of 2006 R Family Vacation will be disembarking from,Seattle, and sail up the Inside Passage of Alaska. Should I book this cruise?

I'm concerned that I'll be stuck on a ship full of parents and couples who only want to socialize with other parents and couples.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

It should be noted that I'm not a West Hollywood circuit party boy type. I'm

43 and am usually in bed by 1AM. I would just prefer to go on an all gay cruise as opposed to a non gay cruise.

I imagine, like my brother and his husband going this year, that many couples would WELCOME a pleasant evening, with the kids in kid's club, of adult conversation about anything BUT KIDS. :D

Now meeting someone might be another story....:rolleyes: You might be labeled a homewrecker!:eek:

NYC95 --

Other options you can look into are the Pied Piper groups which aren't exclusive gay sailings but are organized groups -0- the schedule will probably be more fitting to your time frame.

I'm not a homewrecker. Well...at least I don't plan to be one on this cruise.

I've tried Pied Piper before. They are nice but I like an all-gay environment.

From what I've read, the children have their own area of the ship and their activites are done there,away from their parents. Remember it's their vacation too.

What also appeals to me about this cruise is that for a 50 percent surcharge, I can get a cabin all to myself. It would be nice not having to worry about whether or not I'll be paired with a psyco rooommate...who snores.

It would be nice not having to worry about whether or not I'll be paired with a psyco rooommate...who snores.
Yeah, but it could be worse...you could be married to one!!:eek: (at least that's what my partner, Ed would say;) )

I predict you will have a great time on an R Family Cruise. There are, after all, a lot of one parent families if you were so inclined. But who says you have to limit your socializing to people travelling solo? When my partner and I were on our last cruise we made friends with a couple of different guys who happened to be travelling alone. I think the R Family vacation sounds great for a person who prefers to be around lesbian and gay people, but is not looking for a lot of partying or (the other kind of) cruising.

My partner and I pre-booked this cruise for next year. We weren't able to go on either of the other two they had, so we're pretty excited about this one! We have no kids and we're pretty young (23 and 28) and we just wanted to be on an all gay cruise - and this one was affordable and during a time of year when we can actually go! (Olivia's cruises are at pretty inconvenient times for us). We're expecting and hoping to meet not just parents, but singles, other couples, and straight people too! (lol) I hear it's a pretty diversified ship - I think you'll have no problem. :)

Souperjen,thanks for writing. You sound like a fun couple. I'd like to meet you on board,that is if you don't mind talkin' to an old fart,such as myself.LOL

When I spoke to R vacations last week they said they'd call me when it was time to make the deposit. But you've already pre-booked,how'd you manage that? Travel agent?

Hey NYC. Yes, that would be great, we’d love to meet up with you! (And oh please, don’t call yourself an old fart lol)

Well they also told me that they wouldn’t start taking deposits until July, but they told me I could pre-book, which basically guarantees a room. So she took down my name, my partner’s name and our address and phone and advised she’d call us when the deposits are due. (that was the pre-booking lol) So it basically just guarantees space because when they have their 2005 cruise in July – they let all of those people pre-book as well if they want to. Not that after July there won’t be room available – I’m sure there will be (as they are cruising in a month and they still have room available for their 2005 cruise).

We look forward to meeting up with you! Now we have to find other people going as well!

They did the same thing with me;took my name and number and said they'd call me when they were starting to take deposits. I was concerned because when you said pre-book I thought you meant that they had already taken your deposits. Which meant that they were already reserving room.

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Archived