New bayport cruise port

seafish

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding Enterprise: We booked a car, one way from airport, called that particular Enterprise location, and were told they would get us to the terminal. No special shuttle service is available, rather their 'word' in getting us there. We also had heard this from another cruiser, so we booked it. Worth calling that location for your own peace of mind, IMHO, but they were helpful. Happy cruising.

Does Enterprise car rental on Bayport Boulevard in Seabrook offer shuttle service to the Bayport Cruise Terminal?

They are a little over five miles apart.

Was there an added fee for the drop off at a different location? My DH called yesterday for a one day rental at the end of our cruise. They would pick up the driver at ther cruise terminal to go pick up the rental car. The quote was 68 BUT there was an addtional 100 charge to drop the rental off at IAH

We used Candlewood Suites in La Porte before our 11/30/2013 cruise.

We were dropped off, but if you need to park there, it's free (NASA area hotels charge $5 to $7 a day).

Their "Candlewood Weekend" rate of $87 beat even the AAA rate when I booked online.

Since they are an extended-stay type of place, there's a big grocery store across the street, and kitchenettes in the rooms. I ran next door to Waffle House to grab breakfast pre-cruise.

I used their 24/7 Business Center, and a lot of paper, printing last-minute invites to ship's officers to our Meet & Greet.

We were going to call a cab to go to port, but the hotel told us about their port shuttle van, running hourly, with a charge of $20 but this also covers your return shuttle back to the hotel.

17 miles from Hobby Airport for your cab fare calculations.

Tell them I said "Hi" if you stay there!

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
We used Candlewood Suites in La Porte before our 11/30/2013 cruise.

We were dropped off, but if you need to park there, it's free (NASA area hotels charge $5 to $7 a day).

Their "Candlewood Weekend" rate of $87 beat even the AAA rate when I booked online.

Since they are an extended-stay type of place, there's a big grocery store across the street, and kitchenettes in the rooms. I ran next door to Waffle House to grab breakfast pre-cruise.

I used their 24/7 Business Center, and a lot of paper, printing last-minute invites to ship's officers to our Meet & Greet.

We were going to call a cab to go to port, but the hotel told us about their port shuttle van, running hourly, with a charge of $20 but this also covers your return shuttle back to the hotel.

17 miles from Hobby Airport for your cab fare calculations.

Tell them I said "Hi" if you stay there!

Rick

Is the shuttle $20 per person or $20 per room?

Is the shuttle $20 per person or $20 per room?

I just now called them to refresh my memory, and they've been adapting so a couple of things have changed... I spoke to Donny who drove the shuttle-van when we cruised.

• Parking for one week is now $20 (but reservations made prior to January 2014 will honor the Free Parking)
  • They are now using 3rd party shuttle services, depending on the company used it is either $8 per person or $5 per person. They're talking with a larger company to try to lower the rates further and have access to a bigger fleet

I would definitely stay at Candlewood again, and maybe we'll try an NCL cruise when they start up this fall. But there are several hotels in La Porte and all will be setting up cruise packages... and they'll all be a whopping 12 minutes from the terminal.;)

Oh my goodness! We just booked for princess in 45 days-ish and reading this was so confusing! Guess we should've done some research prior to booking but just assumed it was as easy as Fort Lauderdale! Guess this will be tomorrow's job! Yikes!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We'll be arriving by taxi. Are there separate approaches to the terminal for taxis and parkers, or does everyone wait in the same traffic? thx

same one. They let private vehicles drop off their luggage and pax using the same entrance that taxis/buses use before going to the parking lot which is a separate access line.

Glad to see that we're not the only one having troubles with the Bayport terminal - I like to think of myself as a good planner but this one has been tough.

We prefer to sail out of FLL - so easy - but the airfares were over $700pp and we always wanted to go to New Orleans which we will do post cruise for 2 nights.

HOTEL

I did a lot of research and found what I think is the closest hotel - and it got nice reviews on tripadvisor.com. Comfort Suites at 5755 Bayport Blvd. $114.29 total for 1 night prior to the cruise. I called them and they do provide free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. There are no restaurants/shops in walking distance but Kemah Boardwalk is quite close and they said they spend Friday night shuttling cruise folks back and forth at dinnertime. They will also take us to the port on cruise day and my understanding is that if you book direct with the hotel website (not on expedia etc.), you can pre-book your shuttle time to the port.

TRANSPORTATION

I'm still working on this one - Comfort Suites gave me some shuttle services to call - so far the cheapest is $60 from Hobby to the hotel for 2 of us. And that could be a shared ride (I prefer not to share but taxis are too expensive) if others book for the same arrival time, but they said they typically are taking everyone to the same hotel so at least it won't be a problem of making multiple stops.

CAR

The closest car rental place that I found is Enterprise at 1815 Bayport Blvd in Seabrook. I called them and they will pick us up from the port but we have to call when we disembark, they won't book a pickup in advance (I guess with the fog issues, that makes sense). Also, they will only pickup the driver (no passengers, no luggage) - not tragic, just a time waster for us. Also, there is a pricey drop off fee to take the car from Seabrook TX to the airport in New Orleans. $129.64! But they were the ONLY car rental that even allowed a one-way drop off so we were stuck with it.

Love to hear what others have found... happy sailing to all!

• 1 month later...

Hi All! Thought I would chime in on this one. We are booked for 11/15/14 Western on the Emerald Princess. Last year we did same cruise out of Galveston with the same hotel and transfer. We have booked this year at the Marriott IAH and purchased the Princess transfers for $48.00/PP for round trip again. This will make our travels very easy as we fly into IAH, take the elevator down to the Marriott lobby to check in. In the morning you just take the elevator up to the baggage area and pick up the transfer. Kindda a no thinker for us. Happy Traveling!

Sharon and Mark

We are booked out of Houston on the Emerald doing a western itinerary on 12/14/2014. This thread has me a little confused. Is the issue to get to the port for people staying at a hotel for the night prior to sailing without pre-paid transfers through Princess? Or is there some problem with route to the port in general? We paid the $45pp for transfers through Princess. Do I have to think of a Plan B on my own to get to the port?

Thanks!

Joyce L. From Pa