Shareholders Future Cruise (Ghost) Booking Beware

stag

We purchased Future Cruise during our last Princess Cruise. We are also shareholders of Carnival which is the parent company of Princess. Shareholders are entitled shipboard credits of $100 per room per couple for a 7-day cruise. Several weeks ago, we applied Future Cruise booking on an Alaska cruise. When we submitted the proof of Carnival shares requesting shipboard credits, we received a call from Princess head office. Future Cruise credits and shareholders credits cannot be combined. We are allowed one of highest credit but not both.

If you are Carnival shareholders, beware.:mad::mad::mad:

If it is any kind of group space booking with obc you can't combine that either. We also have Carnival credit and to this day have not been able to get any obc with it either. Always have either future booking credit or our TA gives us some credit. Would be nice to combine, but haven't been able to yet.

Agree with Toto that I'm sorry you were disappointed in this as well. I was too the first time.

Until last year, you could combine shareholder's credit with ONLY the onboard booking credit, not with any other OBC. I think it was in Sept. or Oct. they eliminated that too. It is still a benefit to do a future booking while onboard because you get the reduced deposit and you do get whichever OBC is greater (shareholder OR onboard booking). I think you can combine OBC for onboard booking with OBC from your TA.

We've only gotten the OBC once for being shareholders - but we've had the benefit of the stock price increasing since we purchased it.:)

Julie

Last cruise on the Royal we had on an board credit for $100 for booking. I then used the shareholder benefit to take it to the max for a 16 day cruise. Better then a sharp stick in the eye! Next time I'll ask for a better upgrade instead of the onboard credit. Then I'll ask for my shareholder benefit. It might be a better deal? We shall see!

Archived