Amadee lighthouse

We did this tour, and had a fabulous time. The snakes are sea snakes, and are very slow (like a snail pace) on land, very interesting to see, very pretty, and not a problem at all. They do come in to land at the jetty area, so I personally wouldn't swim there. Most of them will be down holes around the island, and they are more frightened of you than you will be of them. There is also the lighthouse to climb, a glass bottom boat, and another cruiser that takes you out to a nearby reef...where you will see lots of turtles and they also feed the reef sharks from the side of the cruiser. Take your video cam!
I would do this tour again in a heartbeat. Lunch and a small show is supplied. Also this island was the very first filming of the Survivor series. Small shop on the island, can purchase a survivor bandana as a keepsake.
Again, I feel there is absolutely no danger re these sluggish sea snakes....called tricot.

[quote name='bobhsv']We did this tour, and had a fabulous time. The snakes are sea snakes, and are very slow (like a snail pace) on land, very interesting to see, very pretty, and not a problem at all. They do come in to land at the jetty area, so I personally wouldn't swim there. Most of them will be down holes around the island, and they are more frightened of you than you will be of them. There is also the lighthouse to climb, a glass bottom boat, and another cruiser that takes you out to a nearby reef...where you will see lots of turtles and they also feed the reef sharks from the side of the cruiser. Take your video cam!
I would do this tour again in a heartbeat. Lunch and a small show is supplied. Also this island was the very first filming of the Survivor series. Small shop on the island, can purchase a survivor bandana as a keepsake.
Again, I feel there is absolutely no danger re these sluggish sea snakes....called tricot.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the feed back I am bait more relaxed now.

[quote name='aussiedisneyfan']I wanted to book the tour on our Voyager cruise but left it too late and now it is sold out. The Island was also used in the Australian TV series, The Mole.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Check when you get on board for availability...I have read on these boards that RCL keep a certain percentage of tours for on board bookings...head up to Guest Services when you board.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Archived