Alaska Airlines

SF

We'll be flying to Seattle in a few weeks with Alaska Airlines and I was wondering what's been happening with this airlines in regards to the posts I've read about their baggage handling problems in Seattle and their financial problem. Has anyone flown recently with them? Have they canceled any flights recently? Would appreciate getting an update.

Thanks.

We flew into Seattle on May 14 and heard after we got to our hotel that Alaska airlines had fired all of their baggage handlers that day, because of a contract dispute..All of them! We had flown America West so didn't bother us, but I guess they had a real mess!

Well I flew May 11-18, 2005 from SFO to Vancouver with Alaska Airlines and it was GREAT. We even got upgraded to First Class...

Then coming back from Vancouver, it was Vancouver, Seattle then Seattle to Miami. We didnt get upgraded to first class but it was great... the flight was delayed but only for 10 minutes..

We're keeping our fingers crossed...we fly Boise to Seattle, then Seattle to Vancouver Sat. morning on Alaska Airlines. If everything goes as planned, we'll be landing in Vancouver at 9:30am. Plenty of time to get to the ship...unless there's a huge delay or something...

Amanda:)

Flew Alaska to Seattle last Sunday night May 30th. No problem with the luggage, came within 20 minutes after plane landed and there was 8 Alk planes that landed about the same time. The situation is now alot better than when the Union employees had slowdowns up to 2 hours for the last 2 years when they kept on rejecting their contract. It was so bad that I carried my luggage on board, but the problem seems to be resolved now since they contracted out the luggage handlers, which most of the airlines at SeaTac does.

Glad to hear that things are back on track. Hopefully it will stay that way as we leave in about four weeks and we're really looking forward to our cruise.

I've flown Alaska for many years. It is still the airline I prefer flying out of Seattle. I've had two flight delays. One on Christmas eve day 5 years ago. Because of snow, deicing delayed the flight an hour out of Seattle. And also the day after Christmas last year on a return flight from Ontario, California to Seattle had a 7 hour flight delay. I attribute this to the law of averages that good ol flight delay was going to show up sooner or later and factoring in these happened over the holidays ..well..flight delay happens. Aside from those two situtations I always seem to arrive on time or slightly ahead of time. I've never (knock on wood) had lost luggage. As for the service on the flights its generally pretty good...maybe not quite like it was back before the airlines changed..you get your normal cross section of flight attendants ranging from the highly concientious to those who are just putting in their hours (fortunately on Alaska I only observe one of these types occaisionaly ). Here's wishing you a pleasant flight and cruise.

Archived