Do you call every time there is a price drop?

Luna'sMom

Hi fellow CC's,

I originally booked the Breakaway with a BA balcony guarantee. Several weeks ago NCL had the cabin upgrade promotion. I was able, somehow, to end up with a MB guarantee for $100 additional.

I now see that the MB guarantee is lower than the price I am paying. My question is, do you call every time there is a price drop? I do not have any on board credits and I booked directly with NCL.

What would you do?

Thanks

Hi fellow CC's' date='

I originally booked the Breakaway with a BA balcony guarantee. Several weeks ago NCL had the cabin upgrade promotion. I was able, somehow, to end up with a MB guarantee for $100 additional.

I now see that the MB guarantee is lower than the price I am paying. My question is, do you call every time there is a price drop? I do not have any on board credits and I booked directly with NCL.

What would you do?

Thanks[/quote']

Yes, I call every time there is a price drop. They will normally give you the lower price (as long as you haven't made final payment) but you sometimes lose OBC. Since you don't have any OBC you shouldn't have a problem.

I have called 3 times on our booked cruise since it went down all 3 times and it was before our paid in full date. Each time they refunded me. We pay in full on 1/14 so I am sure it wil go down after but then I won't get the refund

I check the prices each time there is a sale, but as others have said, make sure that you take into account the OBC you may have - not only with your TA (if you used one), but also NCL - you could have some from both. Sometimes I have gotten more OBC when re-booking, but if there is a small difference and I am going to loose a benefit, I won't change it.

I've never paid attention for some reason until this cruise.

I called every time it dropped, even if only by $10 per person. By the time I made final payment I ended up paying close to $500 less than my original price for our two cabins (1 balcony, 1 inside). It's totally worth it!

Yes, I call my PCC when there is a good discount, takes less then 5 minutes for him to make the change.

We booked the lowest price balcony, was BD for $1799. Then they offered a Guarantee balcony for $1649, and recently they offered a Oceanview (03) with an upgrade to BD balcony for $1599, which is also a guarantee.

We are on the Spirit, so I see the real funky balconys are already booked, and there is only 1 cabin left in the BC catagory, they will go to a guarantee, and then there are the BB, BA and up categories.

We have had guarantees before, and they have worked out well.

My OBC went from a whopping $50 to $30, big deal. But I saved $$ by rebooking.

But yes, keep an eye open on the pricing, and call when you can get a better deal. And be sure to do so up to final payment. :p

I must not live right. I have only seen the price of our cabin on the Breakaway increase -- even with all the "sales." Seems they just raise the price, and then offer more benefits. I'm still happy with the price we paid for our hand-picked BA cabin on Deck 13. But that doesn't stop me from checking!:)

Oh yes, I call every time. It becomes a game to me. I have been able to receive $200 in OBC and the reduced rate per person (we were before final payment). You will need to do the math on it. You have to make sure what you have isn't better then what they are offering. Sometimes it can "look" better when in reality it's not. Call and find out - can't hurt. It doesn't take long.

Archived