London hotels

We like the Forum in S. Kennsington - five minute walk from Gloucester Road Tube station with Piccadilly and Circle and District lines to take you to most London sites. You also can take Piccadilly line directly from Heathrow to Gloucester Road .

Breakfast buffet very good but expensive unless it's included in your room plan.

There are nearby restaurants and super market in tube station.

Important to select hotel that's near tube station to get around economically with a tube pass.

London is world's best theater city - expensive but worth it!

Park Plaza @ Westminster Bridge Hotel

200 Westminster Bridge Rd

It is a new hotel (2010?) IMO, it has possibly the best location in London. Next to the Eye, just across the river from Big Ben and Parliament. A few minutes walk to Waterloo Train Station. Prices are reasonable, (cheap by big city costs)

4.5 starts on Travelocity

I don't know about their breakfasts. But they have a B&B package with traditional English or Buffet.

j

29/402

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMXgbWcrfKlI4-yZMC8jnpAKW3vDvSSze2cYpDGwIeHiy-fJGOimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh52kakQ8_1yMHqtAw59_qMkyNY2XGRnB7h2hAdRrj48qfzEk5

1bedroomsuite_Iconicview_650x370.jpg&w=650&h=370&ei=itzwULrnJYWO2gWM0oDYDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=404&vpy=294&dur=6362&hovh=169&hovw=298&tx=74&ty=124&sig=101596335410300676922&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=242&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:115

My favorite in London is The Arch London at 50 Great Cumberland. I have stayed there more than a dozen times. Beautiful rooms, great breakfast,....internet incl, minbar (non-alcohol) incl, etc

I also like 41 but it is pricier

Adding that this is near Selfridges, Oxford street, 2 blocks from Marble Arch tube

One of my favorites is the Covent Garden on Monmouth Street. It is small but beautiful with great rooms, great service and a wonderful restaurant/brasserie where they serve an excellent breakfast (along with other meals.) Also a great location for theater and sightseeing.

Aloha,

Having lived in London for a year and a half, I have decided that I prefer staying in a really nice B&B to a London Hotel. Of course, the rooms and the bathrooms are a bit smaller, but the intimacy of a B&B more than makes up for this in my view. I really like Aster House. Here is a link to their Trip Advisor ratings: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d188480-Reviews-Aster_House-London_England.html

The South Kensington location is fantastic!

"When a man ceases to love London, a man ceases to love life."

Ben Jonson

While the name is not associated with fine hotels, the Holiday Inn Mayfair was a great choice for my sister and I last June. It is located just off of Piccadilly, underground stations across street, Green Park, across Street. We found it a perfect location. Rooms are small but well equipped, service was very good, and the small restaurant / bar had good food for quick meal after long day of site seeing. We used points for our rooms which made it even better. Would stay there again without question.

Park Plaza @ Westminster Bridge Hotel

200 Westminster Bridge Rd

It is a new hotel (2010?) IMO, it has possibly the best location in London. Next to the Eye, just across the river from Big Ben and Parliament. A few minutes walk to Waterloo Train Station. Prices are reasonable, (cheap by big city costs)

4.5 starts on Travelocity

I don't know about their breakfasts. But they have a B&B package with traditional English or Buffet.

j

29/402

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMXgbWcrfKlI4-yZMC8jnpAKW3vDvSSze2cYpDGwIeHiy-fJGOimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh52kakQ8_1yMHqtAw59_qMkyNY2XGRnB7h2hAdRrj48qfzEk5

1bedroomsuite_Iconicview_650x370.jpg&w=650&h=370&ei=itzwULrnJYWO2gWM0oDYDw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=404&vpy=294&dur=6362&hovh=169&hovw=298&tx=74&ty=124&sig=101596335410300676922&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=242&start=0&ndsp=40&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:115

I can also vouch for this hotel - great location! Not sure about the breakfasts either as we usually were out walking around.

Archived