Just off the Sovereign to the Bahamas

laurasue

I posted a review of the 4 night cruise and ports of call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=185360

You can also find our pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/album/359199228oeWXNr

And for anyone interested, cruise compasses, spa menus, etc. are here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/359464876oGKvNA

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Happy cruise planning! :D

Great pictures. Were just 88 days till we sail. Hopefully, we won't run into a hurricane when we leave for our cruise. Looks like the ship is in fairly great condition. So will you be cruising again? We been on 3 cruises. We just want to cruise again, again, again.

LOL! Yes, I've only been back to work a few days and I'm looking at more cruises. We really enjoyed it, much more so than I thought we would! Were even looking at the Sovereign again in November.

If you're interested, TLC is doing a 5 part show about the drydock of the Sovereign. It might be fun to watch before you set sail in August! I know we're excited to see it now that we've been on board.

http://tlc.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=111301&gid=0&channel=TLC

THANK YOU!!! :D

I just can't wait to read your review and see your photos! My DH and I are doing the same cruise this December 5th and we're SO EXCITED! [i bet you can't tell!] :p

We're considering a ocean view cabin on either deck four or five, six or seven [the pricing is tiered like that....] Do you have any thoughts on which deck might be better? It's just the two of us and we are in and out of the cabin a lot while at sea. It seems we always forget something when we get where we're going. ;)

I'll have to see what you did while in Nassau b/c we don't have a clue what to do. We adore the all-inclusive beach break packages but I haven't found one just yet. I know Atlantis may be an option - if we're willing to shell out the BIG bucks. :o

Thanks again for posting all of your terrific info - I'm going to go read now!

Steph

THANK YOU!!! :D

I just can't wait to read your review and see your photos! My DH and I are doing the same cruise this December 5th and we're SO EXCITED! [i bet you can't tell!] :p

We're considering a ocean view cabin on either deck four or five, six or seven [the pricing is tiered like that....] Do you have any thoughts on which deck might be better? It's just the two of us and we are in and out of the cabin a lot while at sea. It seems we always forget something when we get where we're going. ;)

I'll have to see what you did while in Nassau b/c we don't have a clue what to do. We adore the all-inclusive beach break packages but I haven't found one just yet. I know Atlantis may be an option - if we're willing to shell out the BIG bucks. :o

Thanks again for posting all of your terrific info - I'm going to go read now!

Steph

Breezes has a day pass that may be a good bet for you. I think it's $55 for the day.

laurasue:

I just read your review. It sounds like you had a good time - sans the sunburn *ouch!*

May I ask what you paid for the snorkeling gear? It sounds like it might have been a better experience if it was a little less crowded. Would you do it again?

scubagirrl:

Thanks! I'll look for their website and the details. $55.00 x 2 isn't too bad - I think we could do that. :)

Thanks!

Thanks Guys!

I'm going to take a look at that website and as far as decks are concerned, I think we're going to go w/deck four b/c the others are just a bit higher in price and I'm a cheapskate. ;) We are spending more for a window this time b/c last time we went w/interior and it just wasn't for us.

We're really looking forward to this cruise... Come on December!

Hi Steph! You'll like being on Deck 4. It's very central to the dining rooms and close to the shops, etc. The pool is on deck 10, but really, it's not that bad of a hike. DH and I were on deck 9 and we took the stairs everywhere. We liked the location of our room, but honestly, I think anything from 4 or so, up, is a good location. :D

Regarding the snorkeling gear, we brought our own masks/snorkels, we had to rent fins and vests (vests are mandatory), and it was $15/pp for all day use. We would have enjoyed the snorkeling more if we could have ventured outside the "marked" area, There was no structure other than RCI's created ones, so there was little aquatic life. The seas were just too rough to venture outside of that protected area.

I don't know much about the beach break packages. As I said in my review, our original plans were to snorkel in Nassau, but the burn prevented that. We did have fun seeing Atlantis and taking a few minutes at the straw market. If we were to go back we would certainly do an excursion that took us out and about on the water for most of the day. It was beautiful water, it's a shame we had to miss it.

excitedbride... what types of activities are you interested in? On CocoCay we enjoyed wandering off and finding a more secluded spot away from the main beach.

Swimmer Steph

We’ve sailed the Sovereign several times and enjoy the location of Deck 4 (F2 Cat). As soon as you step out of the room – you are in the middle of all the action. I would recommend staying away from deck 7 as that is the deck used for “walking around the ship” and everyone can look in your room.

We are booked on an SO on deck nine for our upcoming cruise. It will be interesting to see if the small amount of added sq. ft. makes any difference.

Have a wonderful trip

Marci

Archived