Printing on ships

uktog

During our cruise on Solstice we are from time to time have to work - the price of sneaking off for a month. We have recently been on Azamara and had no issues as we could print short papers if need be so we could read and give feedback at our "leisure".

However, dh has recalled on our Summit cruise we were not able "because of security rules" print an attachment to our aol account- though we also did find the IT manager pretty dire and had to help other guests he was giving ***** advice to that would have run up an awful lot of minutes when there were easier ways to access their mail so I am not convinced how reliable this "security" knockback was

Has anyone got recent experience of printing attachments from an email accounts on Solstice class ships. We have no issue if it will need us to pay for printing costs as these can be charged back :) and we plan to have enough minutes, it is just can we actually do it as downloading to the Ipad and doing on screen reading is harder to work through

When we sailed on Eclipse last June there was no printer available for customer use. I thought this very strange and did mention it in feedbacks. It may be that the printer or printers were out of order, but I doubt it as the guy in the iLounge just said there were not any, no mention of it being out of order.

We were on the Dec 10, 2012 Equinox trip and printed our boarding passes without a problem. They do ask that you not print extensive documents, but I feel sure it can be arranged, unless as the previous poster says, the printer is out of order. Good luck.

You could go to Customer Relations and ask if they can print something if the printer in the iLounge is out of order. If you can download your file to a flash drive, it would facilitate matters.

Archived