FTTF on Carnival Pride

Greysea74

No it's not available as of yet, but per JH, there are plans to extend to the Pride, but no date scheduled. I can't get to it now to confimr, but I also, read on Carnival's page on a social network site, that the remainder of the ships should be rolled out by the end of March 2013.

What is FTTF and how much is it?

From the Carnival website:

Excursion Description

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Notes

• The Faster to the Fun price is not Per Person as listed. The $49.95 price covers all occupants of the cabin so only 1 guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits.
  • Please note, there is no specific "set" time, nor a specific arrival time required... once clearance is received from Customs to start boarding, Faster to the Fun guests will board after our VIFP Club Platinum & Diamond Guests.
  • Space is Limited.
  • After purchasing Faster to the Fun package, please remember to re-print your boarding documents so Faster to Fun reflects on your documents. Have FUN!

If the FTTF is available for my cruise, how do I go about purchasing it?

My understanding from reading other posts, is that you book through the Carnival site. You log into your booking and go to excursions and you should find it there. Also, I think I read that they are limited, to only 15 at first. Depending on how many platinum & gold memembers are booked, they may release more availability.

I've been watching for FTTF for our February Paradise cruise and so far haven't seen it. However, when looking at excursions this evening, Tampa was listed (but with no excursions currently available). Previously, only Grand Cayman and Cozumel were listed as excursion city choices.

Should I hold out hope that it might be making an appearance?

We sail 4/21 on the Pride, but it's not listed yet. It would be showing under our shore excursions correct???

Yes, i went into our booking off the carnival website to excursions and it was listed in there as being available. It just showed up about 2 weeks ago, which would have been 1 month before our sailing, so just keep an eye out for it and check periodically and maybe it will be there.

If these things are very important to you you purchase a suite.

Just for giggles:p I checked to see how much a suite would be. The least expensive suite OS is $800 more:eek:, then what I'm booked at (and that is at the past guest rate which I wouldn't even of qualified for). The oppertunity to board the ship a little quicker, have my cabin ready, and the ability to drop my bags, is appealing at $50, it becomes a lackluster perk at $800:rolleyes:. However, I was lucky enough to get 7258 with the bowling alley balcony at a great price and was lucky enough to have gotten some price drops on top of it :D:D:D So I wouldn't consider giving that up anyway.

I see you're leaving in a few days Happy Cruising!!!

Just for giggles:p I checked to see how much a suite would be. The least expensive suite OS is $800 more:eek:, then what I'm booked at (and that is at the past guest rate which I wouldn't even of qualified for). The oppertunity to board the ship a little quicker, have my cabin ready, and the ability to drop my bags, is appealing at $50, it becomes a lackluster perk at $800:rolleyes:. However, I was lucky enough to get 7258 with the bowling alley balcony at a great price and was lucky enough to have gotten some price drops on top of it :D:D:D So I wouldn't consider giving that up anyway.

I see you're leaving in a few days Happy Cruising!!!

I had 6232 which has the same balcony. They are great rooms to have. The balcony sq. ft is very close to that of the room. Enjoy it . I know you will.

I am curious to know how Pride will handle the FTTF for disembarkation.

when we sailed-- even suite guest and platinum had to wait til the decks were called.

Almost everyone participates in self embarkation from that port.

I had 6232 which has the same balcony. They are great rooms to have. The balcony sq. ft is very close to that of the room. Enjoy it . I know you will.

Love 7258. We've had it 3 times. :)

I'm really excited to have gotten this room. I had a originally booked a regular balcony, but after reading about 7258 here on CC I figured why not. I'm most excited, because DH doesn't know I upgraded :). With the price drops I got I'm only paying a little more then what I was for the balcony room...:D:D and that is mostly do to the port charges changing.

• 3 weeks later...
I am curious to know how Pride will handle the FTTF for disembarkation.

when we sailed-- even suite guest and platinum had to wait til the decks were called.

Almost everyone participates in self embarkation from that port.

Hey serene56...who wants to leave the ship early ??? Not me :D

I would do FTTF for the embarkation and tender priority (not platinum yet) alone...we usually self disembark anyways.

Unfortunately, FTTF is not available for our Panama cruise in March from NYC...I keep checking, but according to Carnival, it will not be available :(

• 3 months later...

Just asked when FTTF would be on the Pride..... not until January 2014 :/ Sad news bc we are leaving June 16 for our honeymoon and hoped we could skip some lines :( O well! It will still be a great trip!

Just asked when FTTF would be on the Pride..... not until January 2014 :/ Sad news bc we are leaving June 16 for our honeymoon and hoped we could skip some lines :( O well! It will still be a great trip!

Who did you ask. John Heald says they should be announcing another port / ship in a few days. I was hoping for Pride for our 6/16 cruise as well.

Congratulations to you !! I went on my honeymoon on the Pride too, June 3, 2012. I cannot even remember our embarkation process, it was so fast and the parking situation was so painless.

I hope you have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon. We leave in less that 2 weeks from Charleston to celebrate our our year anniversary on the Fantasy!

Happy Sailing!!

Archived