Allure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean Review! 9/16/12

mrsmoku

mrsmoku, you mentioned that K was turned away from lunch in the MDR for not wearing a collared shirt. I thought collared shirts were only required for men at dinner, not breakfast or lunch. Was he wearing a tank top, or are tees now not allowed either?

Yes, he was wearing a tank top and board shorts. I had him put on a collared shirt because I wasn't 100% sure he could wear a tee and we didnt want to miss lunch. There were guys in the dinning room with tee shirts so it must just be dinner that collared shirts are required.

Now that I'm thinking about it, he may have it been wearing a tank top for breakfast that morning... I could be wrong though

We will be on the Allure for the first time in November. Everytime I see one of these reviews I get so excited!!!

Can't wait for the rest of it!!!

Oh you will have so much fun!!!!!! I read so many reviews before we went on ours and I was so happy I did!!

I'm going on the Allure next week. I love reviews. Thank you.

I will try my hardest to get it done before next week! I didn't realize how much work it is but its a ton of fun and I love re-living it! Are you going to write a review after? I would love to read it!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was going through review withdrawal. I'm glad you got yours posted later rather than sooner as we seem to have an Allure shortage lately! Your pictures are wonderful Keep it coming! We will be on the Eastern Itinerary in April.

Now I will sit back and enjoy the show.:)

Haha! Thanks!

I think someone else mentioned that there aren't too many Allure reviews out there right now! Happy to help!!! :)

Thank you! I actually wasn't all to pleased with these pictures but I have some ones I really like coming up!

Thanks for reading!

I will try my hardest to get it done before next week! I didn't realize how much work it is but its a ton of fun and I love re-living it! Are you going to write a review after? I would love to read it!

I am thinking about writing a review, but my memory sucks and I don't take good pictures.

LOL! My DH fell asleep at the Nutcracker, too. But we have seen Chicago on stage and he liked it. I can't wait to see it again!

I have the DVD. It helps to see it first so you can sit back and enjoy the show without trying to figure out the story line.

We read the super short IMDB summary or something like that before hand. K really likes to ask me what's going on every few seconds during shows and movies so it was almost helpful that I didn't know! I mean, he almost got kicked out of Harry Potter and Twilight midnight premieres for talking!

I usually wait for the end of the review but this picture deserves on big:

WOW & NICE!!! :D

Gosh, thanks! It was one of the pictures we bought at the end. We only bought 4 since I wasn't all that happy with most of them but I'm glad we got the ones we did!

Edited by mrsmoku

We had a very similar situation on our 2007 FOS sailing. Young man fell overboard on the first night, but it wasn't until the next morning that they discovered he was missing. I can remember sitting in the WJ having breakfast and they kept calling for this young man over the PA system. Then I notice the trail of water being the ship started to arch. I just knew at that moment we were turning around. We had to turn around and do a search. Unfortunately he was never found. We lost a port and it was very somber for most of the cruise. The family disembarked in San Juan. it was very sad.

It's so terrible. Thankfully someone actually saw her go over so that is why they stopped and turned around but unfortunately, she still hasn't been found. I can't even imagine.

Sailing on Allure this summer, it will be my first ever cruise. This review is very helpful. Sorry you didn't feel well.

I'm glad! You will have sooo much fun! It's addicting!

That's okay, it ended up only being that one day thankfully! I suggest bringing something just in case! The wrist bands were like $15 on board when I know you can get them for much cheaper on land.

I am thinking about writing a review, but my memory sucks and I don't take good pictures.

Psh, I'm sure you take great pictures!! I wasn't really planning on writing a review before we went but then I remembered how much fun I was having reading them so I just started to take notes here and there..and I took like 1200 pictures! No kidding!

Let me know if you do! I would love to read it!

Thank you for taking the time to do this! We're sailing on the Allure in August - Eastern itinerary!

How did you hear about the Aqua Theater backstage tour? Did you have to sign up? Did it cost extra?

Oh yay!

We saw if on the cruise compass. It was free and you didn't have to sign up. The first part of it was a Q and A with the cast and then the tour started. The actual tour is maybe only 15 minutes, if that. There may have been about 20 people so we got lucky that we spotted it.

Psh, I'm sure you take great pictures!! I wasn't really planning on writing a review before we went but then I remembered how much fun I was having reading them so I just started to take notes here and there..and I took like 1200 pictures! No kidding!

Doesn't everybody take thousands of pictures???;)

Your next project should be doing a photobook through Shutterfly, Blurb, or one of the online photo sites. They really come out great.