Allure of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean Review! 9/16/12

mrsmoku

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I really enjoyed reading it. I also like your tip to create a travel binder. I usually just have a travel folder, but sometimes I have so much information in it I can't lay my fingers on the piece of paper I'm looking for.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I really enjoyed reading it. I also like your tip to create a travel binder. I usually just have a travel folder, but sometimes I have so much information in it I can't lay my fingers on the piece of paper I'm looking for.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

I had read someones review a while ago and they mentioned a travel binder so I figured I would try it too and see. I won't cruise without one now! Sounds like it will be very helpful to you as well!

Thanks!

Here are some pics from our balcony looking out at the ocean

548170_465898156777168_1003310480_n_zpsc4da7ef7.jpg

308225_465898186777165_1130874893_n_zps89310b72.jpg

what stateroom were you in? I'm sure you must have said at some point in this review, but i must have missed it!! :)

the view from the stateroom is gorgeous - i didn't realize the boardwalk rooms can see the ocean!

what stateroom were you in? I'm sure you must have said at some point in this review, but i must have missed it!! :)

the view from the stateroom is gorgeous - i didn't realize the boardwalk rooms can see the ocean!

We were in 12723 and I loved it! I think the amount of ocean is really dependent on the location of your room/balcony. We were 4 or 5 cabins away from the back of the ship. I say were were about 50% Boardwalk view and 50% Ocean view and it was perfect!

You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

I had read someones review a while ago and they mentioned a travel binder so I figured I would try it too and see. I won't cruise without one now! Sounds like it will be very helpful to you as well!

My mom and step-dad (both 70) will be cruising with us, but coming from a different part of the country. They've never really traveled, nor have they been on a cruise. This will be only the third time my mom has ever even flown on a plane. I already started putting their binder together. I think it will be very useful to them, especially to help ease the travel anxiety. I'm going to create a separate binder for my family.

My mom and step-dad (both 70) will be cruising with us, but coming from a different part of the country. They've never really traveled, nor have they been on a cruise. This will be only the third time my mom has ever even flown on a plane. I already started putting their binder together. I think it will be very useful to them, especially to help ease the travel anxiety. I'm going to create a separate binder for my family.

Oh I think that will be super helpful! What a great idea! If we ever travel with family, I think I may do that also for them so they have all that info (and mostly so I don't have to answer 4000 questions!)

Wow great review! We're heading on the Oasis in 3 weeks! :) Can I ask what the name of the tour was you went on in St. Thomas? It took you to St. John right? Thanks!!

I am soooo jealous!!!! Have a super great time!!!!

The excursion was a day sail by Morningstar Charters (http://www.morningstarcharter.com/). I looked for a second on their website but when we booked, I just emailed them and they got back to me with the times and prices and all that. Yes, they took us to Honeymoon Bay/Beach on St. John.

Amazing review! Probably the best I have read in a while. It is refreshing to hear of some "negative" experiences (the jacket, port change, the tour lunch, etc.) without the classic "it ruined everything, RC sucks" mentality. For lack of a more elegant term **** happens, even on vacations, and it sounds like your positive attitudes didn't let anything get in the way.

I have the same cruise coming up this September and I cant wait!

Thank your husband for his service, I was in the Navy for 8 years.

Amazing review! Probably the best I have read in a while. It is refreshing to hear of some "negative" experiences (the jacket, port change, the tour lunch, etc.) without the classic "it ruined everything, RC sucks" mentality. For lack of a more elegant term **** happens, even on vacations, and it sounds like your positive attitudes didn't let anything get in the way.

I have the same cruise coming up this September and I cant wait!

Thank your husband for his service, I was in the Navy for 8 years.

Oh gosh! Thank you! That is such a great compliment!

It irrates me to no end when people say their entire vacation was ruined because the pool closed for 2 hours or they didn't have their favorite chicken at the WJ or something equally silly. Yep, s*** happens, even on vacation, but we don't let it ruin ours! When life gives you lemons, grab some vodka and throw a party!

You will have such a great time! Are you planning on writing a review?

I will. Thank you for your service too :)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump up such an old thread but this was my ever first cruise. I looked out for my party and I on your pictures but we escaped you. That being said, we were at Maho Beach too! I'm so surprised we weren't caught on your camera!

Sorry to bump up such an old thread but this was my ever first cruise. I looked out for my party and I on your pictures but we escaped you. That being said, we were at Maho Beach too! I'm so surprised we weren't caught on your camera!

How awesome! I have like 1000 pictures so you might be in a few! It was such a great vacation - I want to go on another one so badly!

Have you gone on another cruise since?

What was the cost pp of the day sail?

I am soooo jealous!!!! Have a super great time!!!!

The excursion was a day sail by Morningstar Charters (http://www.morningstarcharter.com/). I looked for a second on their website but when we booked, I just emailed them and they got back to me with the times and prices and all that. Yes, they took us to Honeymoon Bay/Beach on St. John.

What was the cost pp of the day sail?

$130 pp is sticking in my head but I'm not entirely sure that is correct - I can look and let you know if I find it.

We paid ahead, over the phone since I like paying for everything early and I think we got a small discount for doing so.

The cab ride there and back was $40 for the both of us.

How awesome! I have like 1000 pictures so you might be in a few! It was such a great vacation - I want to go on another one so badly!

Have you gone on another cruise since?

No, but I will be on the Allure later in the year. I cannot wait!

Thanks.

$130 pp is sticking in my head but I'm not entirely sure that is correct - I can look and let you know if I find it.

We paid ahead, over the phone since I like paying for everything early and I think we got a small discount for doing so.

The cab ride there and back was $40 for the both of us.