So what do I need to know about Carnival?

habc

DH and I have been on 7 cruises, all NCL. We had the NCL credit card that earned points toward a cruise.

This year I saw a bargain cruise on Carnival, out of NY so no air fare! I love it. I did ask for the "anytime" dining. I know you can bring a bottle of wine per adult. I do have a couple of questions though...

I can bring cans of soda? Do I carry it on, like the wine or pack it? DH loves club soda. Iced tea ok for me?

NCL has a bunch of "tasting" classes. Like "Martini U." or "Beer" tastings. They charge about $20 for the classes but it's a fun way to meet people, anything like that on Carnival?

Up charge restaurants, any recommendations? Is it worth the money?

I am looking forward to this years cruise. Carnival sounds like a lot of fun. We are in our late 50's are there a range of ages for passengers?

DH and I have been on 7 cruises, all NCL. We had the NCL credit card that earned points toward a cruise.

This year I saw a bargain cruise on Carnival, out of NY so no air fare! I love it. I did ask for the "anytime" dining. I know you can bring a bottle of wine per adult. I do have a couple of questions though...

I can bring cans of soda? Do I carry it on, like the wine or pack it? DH loves club soda. Iced tea ok for me?

NCL has a bunch of "tasting" classes. Like "Martini U." or "Beer" tastings. They charge about $20 for the classes but it's a fun way to meet people, anything like that on Carnival?

Up charge restaurants, any recommendations? Is it worth the money?

I am looking forward to this years cruise. Carnival sounds like a lot of fun. We are in our late 50's are there a range of ages for passengers?

You would carry on the soda. There are Mini Martini tastings on most, if not all, ships. Can't help you on the upcharge restaurants as I've never to been to one. There are a range of ages of passengers. We went on the Fantasy in December and there were families with small kids all the way up in age.

I can bring cans of soda? Do I carry it on, like the wine or pack it? DH loves club soda. Iced tea ok for me? Yes, just carry it with you when you board.

NCL has a bunch of "tasting" classes. Like "Martini U." or "Beer" tastings. They charge about $20 for the classes but it's a fun way to meet people, anything like that on Carnival? Don't drink much, so can't tell you about this.

Up charge restaurants, any recommendations? Is it worth the money? The steakhouses are $35 pp - a little on the high side for me, but all lines seem to be increasing their prices. I guess it depends on how much you want to do something different. Generally, they offer a very nice dinner in a lovely setting. Biggest problem is it's just too much food to eat.

You will find all ages on Carnival - it tends to have a slightly younger demographic unless you are doing the Med, Canal, or longer cruises.[/quote]

Comments in red.

Go to the Carnival site and click on the FAQs (frequently asked questions) and that will give you a lot of answers. There is a limit to the number of sodas you can carry on and you'll find that there. And, yes, you have to carry it on.

There will be people of all ages on the cruise. We haven't done the steakhouse but most people seem to think it's worth the extra $35, based on what I've read here and on Carnival's forums.

Some of the ships have a taste bar now.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. And you're so right about not having to pay airfare or fly to the port city. It also helps on the return end, too. Anyway, have a fantastic time.

Go to the Carnival site and click on the FAQs (frequently asked questions) and that will give you a lot of answers. There is a limit to the number of sodas you can carry on and you'll find that there. And, yes, you have to carry it on.

There will be people of all ages on the cruise. We haven't done the steakhouse but most people seem to think it's worth the extra $35, based on what I've read here and on Carnival's forums.

Some of the ships have a taste bar now.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. And you're so right about not having to pay airfare or fly to the port city. It also helps on the return end, too. Anyway, have a fantastic time.

Thanks, I plan on having a wonderful time, the most important thing to pack is a good attitude...expect little things to go wrong, but the big picture is always wonderful on board a ship!

Archived