Back to Back Advice Please

Jo and Rob

We are sailing B2B on MSC Poesia (Port Everglades) and were wondering how long it will take to be issued the new cruise cards and do any paperwork before we can go off and do our own thing?

We have a sea day before and two sea days after so having initially thought that we would just go back on the ship we are now wondering whether it might be more sensible to explore?

The organised trips are no good as they drop off at the airports and will probably leave before the change over paper is done. (Nothing is available for excursions on that day why I log in with my details on the website)

Any help with these questions would be much appreciated.

1. What exactly happens on changeover day?
  2. How long will it take?
  3. Has anyone gone straight back on board? What was it like?
  4. How much would a taxi cost to the air boat alligator trip?
  5. What are the water taxis like?
  6. Any other ideas (we are not shoppers and will have some beach time in the Caribbean).

many thanks

Normally the cruise card you're issued on embarkation will cover the period of both cruises. I don't know how it is with a US port for the chargeover, but in Europe it's a day like any other. As a "transit" passenger, you can get off and get back on by just showing your cruise card, as in any other port of call. It's nice to leasurely walk off the ship seeing all the other passengers struggling with their luggage.

Normally the cruise card you're issued on embarkation will cover the period of both cruises. I don't know how it is with a US port for the chargeover, but in Europe it's a day like any other. As a "transit" passenger, you can get off and get back on by just showing your cruise card, as in any other port of call. It's nice to leasurely walk off the ship seeing all the other passengers struggling with their luggage.

Gosh that would be excellent if that were the case! Anyone got any experience of B2B in the USA on MSC?

Capricruiser I notice you have sailed on Poesia and Costa Serena, how do the two compare? We loved Costa Serena, we thought the entertainment was the best we've seen and also enjoyed the food. I would appreciate your input on Poesia.

Edited by Jo and Rob

Gosh that would be excellent if that were the case! Anyone got any experience of B2B in the USA on MSC?

We did a B2B on the Poesia in 2010 USA

As stated the card you receive will be valid for both cruises

You will have to go through customs and will be able to go back on after about an hour

Make sure you are in the correct line, one for going off the ship, for a few hours, the other for staying and re entering the ship, it does get confusing, either way you will be informed through the dailies on procedures

Enjoy

An all day water taxi ticket will cost you $60 (about 37 pounds) for your family of four. As you will see little of Fort Lauderdale on the day you embark and the day you fly back to England, I think you would find this and interesting opportunity so see the beautiful canals and homes of FLL.

As you have sea days before and after your stop, it would be a shame not to visit anything.

Of course an airboat ride would be cool too, but much more expensive.

You will have to go through customs and will be able to go back on after about an hour

Enjoy

Does this also mean we don't have to settle our account until the end of the second week? Or do we settle at the end of both weeks?

• 1 year later...

Anyone know at which time a transit passenger will be able to leave in Miami? I've booked the 14 day tour in September on MSC Divina and now try to plan my extra day in Miami in the middle of the cruise, but I don't know when I will be able to leave to ship.

Is it possible to leave right with the "self assist" people?

Anyone know at which time a transit passenger will be able to leave in Miami? I've booked the 14 day tour in September on MSC Divina and now try to plan my extra day in Miami in the middle of the cruise, but I don't know when I will be able to leave to ship.

Is it possible to leave right with the "self assist" people?

I am wondering the same thing. We booked a b2b on divina nov 22/29. We are changing rooms (YC2 to YC3), so we are hoping that can be taken care of while we spend the day exploring Miami.

Make sure you are in the correct line, one for going off the ship, for a few hours, the other for staying and re entering the ship, it does get confusing, either way you will be informed through the dailies on procedures

Enjoy

Yes your account carries on until the end of your cruise, one total for both weeks

I think it depends if there are two booking numbers as the first one would need to be settled at the end of the first week. At least that is what I have been used to on other lines.

I am doing a B2B on the Divina in Sept so will let you know.

I often do B2Bs as too far to travel from Vancouver for just a week.

I think it depends if there are two booking numbers as the first one would need to be settled at the end of the first week. At least that is what I have been used to on other lines.

I am doing a B2B on the Divina in Sept so will let you know.

I often do B2Bs as too far to travel from Vancouver for just a week.

That's a very old post you are answering to.