Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

When Kate said " May G-d bless the Royal Princess and all who sail on her", I teared up knowing my DW and I were going to one of those many lucky people who will get to sail on her. How lucky we are to have been blessed by Princess Kate.

That is a lovely way to look at it. I too am blessed by Princess Kate :)

I can't believe how many negative comments are out there.

I refuse to be negative when it comes to cruising and always find a way round little niggles.

People complaining about tips!! Surely everyone who embarks on a cruise knows about tips prior to boarding. My daughter recently went to book her first cruise without us and the agent was explaining tips at the booking process until my daughter pointed out she had been cruising for years.

No stairs mid ship!! This has never been an issue for us as we never use the elevators we prefer to burn extra calories and walk along the corridor to other stairwells, this means i can have an extra cake.

Can't walk round the prom deck!! I enter race walking and usually walk round the prom deck quite quickly in an afternoon. Many times there has been deck maintenance and you can't get all the way round anyway, i just turn round and keep going back on myself. Must say I am looking forward to the track this year, no more dodging loungers and bumping into people as they wander onto deck and just stop.

Cabin size!! I don't cruise to spend all my time in my cabin but i appreciate some do, if you have a bed, some seating and a bathroom I'm happy, only ever sleep and shower in there. I prefer to experience what the ship has to offer.

I am eagerly awaiting my trip on the Royal this year and am of the opinion that vacation time is precious time and I try to not let anything spoil things.I was on the Sea princess a number of years ago where we had quite serious engine problems and had to miss ports and spend extra days at sea, hey these thing happen, I was on vacation with my nearest and dearest and we had a fab time.

My other half says i should stop reading about the ship and just wait till we get on board but i want to know everything about her and see all those fab pictures, in my eyes the Royal has lots to offer and is a great looking ship.

6 weeks and counting:D:D:D:D

I too am surprised by negative threads. I am booked on the Royal Princess for, what will be, my first ever cruise and all that I can see is a big beautiful ship that is just waiting to be explored.

I totally agree about the cabin size. I certainly didn't book a cruise to spend 12 days looking at the inside of my cabin or sitting on the balony. I will be on tours, in the restaurants, by the pool or watching the entertainment and will only use the cabin to sleep and shower. My wife and (adult) children are really looking forward to enjoying new experiences, meeting new people and seeing different places.

Roll on July 17th!

I tell you what, Princess must be ecstatic with themselves for booking Princess Kate to christen the ship. They got far more media attention than they could have possibly dreamt of yesterday as it was the last time Kate will appear at a public event before she gives birth.

The naming was live on BBC news which is unheard of.

I've watched the Naming Ceremony video highlights a few times and I still get all emotional and choked up. Such a magnificent day and a wonderfully dignified ceremony. And when that bottle smashes on the bow, yup, here come the tears.

bkw67 - THANKS for my very own 'arrow'! Finally I get one! ;)

Woobstr112G - Bob, Congrats on hitting 20,000 posts!!! :D

Mickyto - I think the Captains do six month rotations? Maybe someone can confirm. If so Captain Draper should be on her until the middle of December?

CruzNut7 - Not sure about the lions skin wore by the Royal Marine Band member with the large drum. Maybe one of our UK experts can help out?

PescadoAmarillo - Excellent post on the elevators and stairs! :D

lovemyblue - I'm on the December 1st and 8th sailings. Sorry that we won't meet. :(

hubofhockey - I'll let you know about Fondue's. Can't wait to try it myself!

pjrockman - Hi Paul! Thanks for choosing this thread to be the first you've ever posted on as a long time member. What an honor!

gloriousomes - Welcome to the thread! Just in time for Naming Day!

ybranicki - Beverage Packages are listed on the Princess Cruises website HERE. We may have to wait on a Martini Menu from the next cruisers to show all of the different varieties and prices. Maybe Shogun can get us a list?

And THANK YOU for allowing me to dedicate Post #5000 back to all of you. A job well done with a thread that has always been a shining example of teamwork and friendship. :D

Awwwwwww!!!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!

I tell you what, Princess must be ecstatic with themselves for booking Princess Kate to christen the ship. They got far more media attention than they could have possibly dreamt of yesterday as it was the last time Kate will appear at a public event before she gives birth.

Yes we saw the BBC coverage here in New York. Very well done!

Yes we saw the BBC coverage here in New York. Very well done!

It was on Sydney news as soon as I woke this morning, and my mum in New Zealand also said it was major news! That Duchess of Cambridge is one very popular, well-liked lady.

Awwwwwww!!!!! BOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm sorry! You can still toast a Royal Bellini for me. ;) And I can wave at you on the webcam as you sail away and I'm still at the airport waiting for my flight?

I had my Google Alerts set for 'Royal Princess' and yesterday and today they have gone off the charts. Not just most major news outlets around the world, but social, entertainment, and fashion magazine web sites lit up as well. And those who are Royal Watchers who may never have taken a cruise but follow every move of the Duchess of Cambridge have now heard of a cruise ship called 'Royal Princess'. :D

I can't believe how many negative comments are out there.

I refuse to be negative when it comes to cruising and always find a way round little niggles.

People complaining about tips!! Surely everyone who embarks on a cruise knows about tips prior to boarding. My daughter recently went to book her first cruise without us and the agent was explaining tips at the booking process until my daughter pointed out she had been cruising for years.

No stairs mid ship!! This has never been an issue for us as we never use the elevators we prefer to burn extra calories and walk along the corridor to other stairwells, this means i can have an extra cake.

Can't walk round the prom deck!! I enter race walking and usually walk round the prom deck quite quickly in an afternoon. Many times there has been deck maintenance and you can't get all the way round anyway, i just turn round and keep going back on myself. Must say I am looking forward to the track this year, no more dodging loungers and bumping into people as they wander onto deck and just stop.

Cabin size!! I don't cruise to spend all my time in my cabin but i appreciate some do, if you have a bed, some seating and a bathroom I'm happy, only ever sleep and shower in there. I prefer to experience what the ship has to offer.

I am eagerly awaiting my trip on the Royal this year and am of the opinion that vacation time is precious time and I try to not let anything spoil things.I was on the Sea princess a number of years ago where we had quite serious engine problems and had to miss ports and spend extra days at sea, hey these thing happen, I was on vacation with my nearest and dearest and we had a fab time.

My other half says i should stop reading about the ship and just wait till we get on board but i want to know everything about her and see all those fab pictures, in my eyes the Royal has lots to offer and is a great looking ship.

6 weeks and counting:D:D:D:D

Agree 100%! I am so grateful to be cruising at all, especially on a new ship that I would never let anything or anyone get me down!:p

I too am surprised by negative threads. I am booked on the Royal Princess for, what will be, my first ever cruise and all that I can see is a big beautiful ship that is just waiting to be explored.

I totally agree about the cabin size. I certainly didn't book a cruise to spend 12 days looking at the inside of my cabin or sitting on the balony. I will be on tours, in the restaurants, by the pool or watching the entertainment and will only use the cabin to sleep and shower. My wife and (adult) children are really looking forward to enjoying new experiences, meeting new people and seeing different places.

Roll on July 17th!

The negativity isn't just on Princess. It's on every board. The Carnival

Boards are especially negative. If all these people think they can build

And run a cruise line better. Why don't they start their own cruise line?

One of the other cruise boards I read, but do not belong to, has a core

Following who are "ocean liner" fanatics. Just about every ship out

There today is not good enough. The Transatlantic era of the ocean

Liner is gone, and it's not coming back. The golden age of the cruise

Ship is here. Why can't people embrace that. They should be thankful

That so many lovely and large ships have been built and people are

Embracing travel by ship. Me who also loves ocean liners ever since

I was a kid, loves all the new and exciting ships out there. And eagerly

Awaits till the next one is launched to see what new things they behold.

Standard balcony cabin size on Ruby Princess is 168 square feet. Standard balcony cabin size on Royal Princess is 166 square feet. Standard deluxe balcony cabin size on Royal Princess is 177 square feet. Interestingly, standard interior on Royal is 166 square feet, while only 160 on Ruby.

What's my point? All of this complaining about cabin sizes seems misguided. I know some may miss their caribe large balconies. I never had one, so won't miss it.

Only 6 days to go before I fly to Barcelona to meet the Royal Princess.

I have been on other Princess ships and loved every minute of the experience.

As I am travelling alone I am looking forward to meeting travellers from other parts of the world.

have a safe trip, we are from Colorado and we will be there on the 21st. Looking foward to visiting Barcelona.

And Thank you to ALL of you for such a great and amazing thread. So many wonderful people and such incredible teamwork. We have accomplished something very special, and we can all be proud of it!!!! :D:D:D

THANK YOU!!!

Hi Dave, let me add my congratulations to you for attaining the 5000 post. You are an inspiration to everyone. All your comments are so eloquent and never degrading to anybody. A fine gentleman. Wish I was on your cruise so I can buy you that Bellini. You wouldn't care to join us on the Maiden TA, would you?:) You have yourself a great weekend and I look forward to more posts from you.;)

Archived