I love RCCL cruises but its gonna be a while before we can go again

JAMESCC

You will know when your "bundle of joy" is ready to cruise. :)

Our oldest granddaughter is 5 years old and has 97 nights sailing (Diamond level).

Our other two granddaughters are not behaved well enough to cruise, so maybe when they are 18:eek:

Each child is VERY different. The main concern will be how you feel about traveling with a child, how adaptive is your child, and is he/she able to travel with a wide variety of other cruisers. Unfortunately, even the best behaved child will be the subject of concern for some cruise passengers. So be prepared for one or two odd comments.

Our experience has been very positive so far, and it has been a joy to show the world to our granddaughter. She "remembers" - through photos- trips taken to Europe/Egypt/Med. when she was about 18 months.

Now we have to work around school schedules, so her cruising days will begin to happen during Christmas and Spring breaks. Even the 5 year old asks why the other kids cruising during Christmas break are naughty.......

Congratulations on you new addition!!

I took my 4 yo grandaughter on a cruise last spring. It was one of the best cruises ever. I saw things through her eyes that I never would have paid attention to. The horse pulling our carriage in Nassau had a hat with 12 pink flowers.;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

We have a three year old son and we take an extended cruise at least once a year and leave him with his Nana. We figure he's little enough that staying with Nana is exciting enough, and we get some much needed adult time.

We left him for a long weekend at six months, I think. After a year we went to our usual 10-14 day trip. He was fine. We don't plan on taking him until he's at least five, probably older. We need some childfree time too.

We did take him on a cruise at 14 months, but only because Nana and Papa wanted to go with us and offered to babysit. Even still, it was not our usual relaxing vacation and if I want to get up at 6am, I'll keep the $$$ and stay home.

Archived