Please help, hotel changed to IC Moorea-leave in 12 days

psyfi

The short version is that my TA did not book us where I thought she did. Last year Princess used the Hilton, that's what I wanted, she didn't tell me this year they were using the IC. Yes she is a good travel agent, I have been using her for years, yes I should have checked the documents more carefully. Regardless, here is my issue. All my plans for the past 2 years are for 3 nights at the Hilton, I now have 3 nights at the IC in a premium OWB and only 12 days to plan. So I will dig thru the older posts here and on tripadvisor and I will go back throughout my books again. But I am hoping he expertise here can help me narrow it down.

1. POWB location? We Love to snorkel and are diving 2 days. We swim well so water depth is not an issue. We want someplace quiet. I'd love a sunset or even sunrise view. I am not interested in tanning, so a shady deck would be preferred. We are thinking ocean as opposed to lagoon view but have heard the tour boats and jet skis come close? Is this a common issue? Can anyone recommend a good location for us to request?

2. Amenities at the IC-do they have paddle boats, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, outrigger canoes etc? Are they free to use or is there a charge. Can anyone tell me about the cost? I hear they have a boat to take you to a Motu to snorkel - how much is it and is this worth it?

Luau type show - I see they have a dinner show. Anyone know what nights, how much, how is the food, how is the show? Is there anywhere to watch it if we don't do the dinner? We are hoping to do the Friday night show at IC Tahiti jet lag permitting as I have heard it was the best?

3. I have read you can rent a bike? Is it safe to ride near there? Heavy traffic? I heard no sidewalks. We were thinking to maybe go to Le Petit Village to do some shopping? Would a bike be a good plan for this? (2km?) I know There is a vanilla place near there as well? When coming from the IC, is it before or after Le Petit village? Do they supply bike locks if we go I to stores?

4. restaurants- thoughts or menus on Snack Mahana? Coco Beach? Les Tipaniers? all within walking distance? Does Pizza Daniel deliver? Is Mayflower worth the trip? (I don't eat seafood). What about the hotel restaurants? Anything else in the area I am missing that you would recommend?

5. stores- I heard there is a convenience store across the street and a grocery store about a 5 minute walk to the right, both are good places to get water/pop/juice breakfast or snack type items?

Anything else I am missing? We will not have a car. Thanks so much for the help! This change is stressing me out a bit.

IC Moorea - Rooms 612 or 614. If they are not available ask for 611 or 608.

Luau - I would plan on the show at the IC Tahiti. If you wait yntil Moorea I would go to the Tiki Village (show only). They do have hotel PU service.

Bike - I would walk. No sidewalk, narrow road and come on now, it's only a 15 minute walk. Tahiti Aromes is before you get to Le Petite Village on the lagoon side.

Eats - All 3 of the places you mentioned are good and yes, within walking distance. CoCo Beach transfer is to the laft when leaving the IC, about 250 yards. Snack Mahana is more famous for thier fresh fish plates. BTW, there is a store across the street that sells 'plates' for about $10 bucks USD. Godd and filling, usually sort of like a chinese dish with rice. Pizza Daniel is a bit far so don't expect them to deliver. It is a good place for a cheap but good dinner before you go to Tiki Village if you have a rental car.

Stores - yes a small place across the street but pretty well stocked. The larger market in Le Petite Village has more things but it is a walk.

Thank you Tiki! I wasn't sure how far the walk. I would prefer to walk over biking it myself.

Is there a pizza place near the IC? Not that I need to travel to FP and eat pizza, more for another inexpensive option. I will check out the store across the street. My only concern is that we will be diving in the morning, so would not get over here until 12-1, I thought I read someplace to go early as they sell out?

Is there any list of what is at le petit village?

What about the opposite side for bungalows? Like 522, 524, 525? They would be sunrise? Snorkelling good over there?

The IC has the tender to the motu - I think free for guests. Water is fresher and clearer there than the IC area. I am not a diver but I heard that Moorea coral is in bad shape other than an the Hilton where they use special lights to help the coral grow.

Archived