New alcohol plan loophole?

Yep.

This kind of question is why they've held back on packages.

It's also why the soda card costs so much.

If your friends only want one drink or so per day, they'd be better off paying cash for it rather than getting a package.

I've said it before: What I'd really like to have is a punch card good for 10 drinks or so. Or a coupon book good for 10 drinks. It'd be a good product for a person who likes to pay for everything "up front", and it'd prevent cheating. 10 drinks is 10 drinks, regardless of who consumes them. The cruise line could only profit from such a program.

They had this once upon a time. It was a 12 punch card for about $42 plux 15% grat. You could also get a 12 punch card for like $28 with no booze. It was great so it must have meant that they weren't making the profit of their expectations of they would still have the program. It was the BEST!

On a related [alcohol] topic. Why does RCI continue the alcohol smuggling games? I think if they wanted to, RCI could do away with 99% of alcohol smuggling attempts in two weeks or less. Require that at check-in passenger sign a statement that they are aware that no liquor is allowed to be carried on-board, allow you at that point to confess to your rum-runners, and make it clear that if you are then found in violation you will be denied boarding with no refund, and then enforce it. Sure, they may only catch half the smugglers, but how many people are going to take a 50/50 risk of being thrown off the ship for one bottle of booze? The current penalty of RCI will hold your liquor for you and return it at the end of the cruise is a joke. RCI should either enforce their rules or do away with them. And no, I'm not holding my breath until that happens.:rolleyes:

Wow you sound fun! What ever the rights and wrongs might be of someone bringing a bottle on board, that is all it is - someone bringing their favourite tipple to drink in their cabin. No more, no less. How about polygraphs for health questionaires :rolleyes:

Wow you sound fun! What ever the rights and wrongs might be of someone bringing a bottle on board, that is all it is - someone bringing their favourite tipple to drink in their cabin. No more, no less. How about polygraphs for health questionaires :rolleyes:
I have no problem if RCI wants to go to a totally open, carry anything you want policy. I certainly have no problem if RCI, like most cruise lines, let you purchase a bottle of your favorite to have in your room. Letting you bring bottles of wine on board is a small step in that direction. I really don't care if passengers take pretty much anything that doesn't directly impinge on my safety on board; I have been on a number of small ships where you could take anything pretty much on-board [no screening], and didn't notice any perceptible difference in on-board decorum. I just dislike the hypocrisy of rules that RCI makes with no real attempt at enforcing. Okay, and I get tired of hearing people [mea culpa] waste their time discussing unenforced rules. Now that you mention health questionnaires, they deal with something much more likely to personally cause me a problem.

Thom

If they do it like Celebrity has, there is a waiting time before you can get a drink...even though you don't pay, they do swipe your Seapass (or whatever Celebrity calls it, I can't remember) and if you just got a drink from another bar 5 minutes ago, they won't give you another one until something like 15 minutes have passed.

Not true about Celebrity having a time limit. I've had the Premium package twice and never had a limit in between drinks. Of course, I'm not pounding shots or anything ridiculous, but bartenders get to know that I like a bottle of water with every alcoholic beverage so they make sure I'm taken care of. Of course, I do tip.

Not true about Celebrity having a time limit. I've had the Premium package twice and never had a limit in between drinks. Of course, I'm not pounding shots or anything ridiculous, but bartenders get to know that I like a bottle of water with every alcoholic beverage so they make sure I'm taken care of. Of course, I do tip.

It was the bar staff who told us about the time thing. We chatted up a bartender who told us about the supposed wait time. But, like you, any time I wanted a bottle of water at the same time it wasn't a problem, probably because I wasn't ordering multiple alcoholic beverages at the same time. As for alcoholic beverages, then as you said- since you aren't pounding them down, you were never made aware of any kind of limit. As I recall, the wait time was only 10 or 15 minutes. Since most people wouldn't order drinks more frequently than that anyway, you likely wouldn't ever be aware of a time limit.

Archived