Royal Caribbean discriminates against Google Chrome

Only in America can we have created a mindset that a software program is being "discriminated against......":rolleyes:

I will say of all the travel related sites we work with (airlines, hotels, car rentals.....), RCCL's is plagued with more problems than any (on a regular basis), and is the least user friendly.

Edited by bouhunter

I know many of us have had issues with the RC website the last 4 or 5 days.

But, this is ridiculous. I can get on the website using Mozilla but when I use Google Chrome, my browser of choice, I continue to get the maintenance ms message.

Is anyone else having this issue? It isn't major because I don't have any cruises booked right now, and won't for a few months. Just annoying.

I use Chrome exclusively and can hit the RC site with no issues. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Edited by gfd_2

I just tried it in "Chrome" my now preferred browser, and it didn't work to login, clears my cache and then tried again it worked like it's supposed to, Going on Indy Dec 15th, no upgrade yet :(

there are some site that don't work with all browsers.. but they are getting to be very few...

clearing the cache usually works all the time...

Edited by dancing dragon
left off a word..

I know many of us have had issues with the RC website the last 4 or 5 days.

But, this is ridiculous. I can get on the website using Mozilla but when I use Google Chrome, my browser of choice, I continue to get the maintenance ms message.

Is anyone else having this issue? It isn't major because I don't have any cruises booked right now, and won't for a few months. Just annoying.

I was having problems accessing on-line banking and called the bank. The representative asked if I was using Internet Explorer; I was, so he suggested I try another browser. I found Google Chrome worked so well for the bank, I tried it for other situations where IE seemed to be slow, including Cruise Critic and a site where I often make purchases.

My thanks to the person who, in a later post on this thread, gave instructions for deleting cookies in Chrome. I'm careful to do that in IE but would have had no idea how to do it in Chrome.

Only in America can we have created a mindset that a software program is being "discriminated against......":rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it's not just America. I fully agree with the idea being quite nonsensical however.

Or does the poster believe that RCL has a vested interest in increasing the market share of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera amongst others, to the detriment of Chrome...?

Correct. The title of this thread is ridiculous and totally off base. :rolleyes:

I will say of all the travel related sites we work with (airlines, hotels, car rentals.....), RCCL's is plagued with more problems than any (on a regular basis), and is the least user friendly.

haha I SO agree. I worked for Dish Network a few years ago and there was this benefit of signing up ONLINE for paperless billing and get 5 dollars off. One lady told me once we were discriminating her because she didnt have a computer to sign up for the promotion :eek: