Odd question...CHEESE SAUCE!

MamaParrotHead

One of my 9 year old son's FAVORITE treats onboard is the fries from the grill and the cheese sauce they have at that station on top of them. We just booked the Breeze (we normally sail Conquest class) and with all the new dining options, he's wondering if we can somehow rig some cheese fries for him on this upcoming sailing. It's not a deal breaker but something he enjoys. Thank you!

One of my 9 year old son's FAVORITE treats onboard is the fries from the grill and the cheese sauce they have at that station on top of them. We just booked the Breeze (we normally sail Conquest class) and with all the new dining options, he's wondering if we can somehow rig some cheese fries for him on this upcoming sailing. It's not a deal breaker but something he enjoys. Thank you!

I didn't see any on the Glory

I did not see any on the Breeze last month. They did have mushrooms, onions, bacon and other condiments for the burgers at the Guys Burger joint but no cheese sauce. I was wanting some cheese sauce myself and did not see it anywhere. Maybe I overlooked it somehow. I am thinking that when they did away with the regular burger, hot dog, chicken fingers and fry station they also did away with the cheese sauce.

When we were on the Glory, it was in a big vat under the warmers that were next to the grill, with the chili for the hot dogs, chicken fingers and the other various fried goodies that were offered that day.

The Glory no longer has a grill, since they now have Guys burgers, didn't see any such cheese sauce a few weeks ago. The only fries on Lido are at Guys burgers. too. I can't speak for the Breeze though...do they still have a grill place?

The Glory no longer has a grill, since they now have Guys burgers, didn't see any such cheese sauce a few weeks ago. The only fries on Lido are at Guys burgers. too. I can't speak for the Breeze though...do they still have a grill place?

No grill on the Breeze, it was replaced by Guys Burgers. I am thinking that when the grill is replaced then no more cheese sauce which I did miss.

OMG now i want fries with cheese sauce !!!

We'll be on Conquest in a week, and I'm also going to miss the grill because I enjoyed the fried flour tortilla chips, sour cream, pico sauce, and jalapenos. My husband and son will miss the cheese sauce as well. I'm sure, though, with all the new offerings, we'll find a new favorite thing to enjoy. I hope your son does too! (btw, it looks like the new fries at Guys are seasoned, and completely different than the old fries. not sure if he's a picky fry eater, but thought i'd mention that).

If you want to surprise your son, buy some of the cheese sauce tublets in four packs (like fruit cups) from the grocery store and pull one out....surprise :D. I've seen them in a red and yellow striped package in the Hispanic aisle. Can't attest to the quality or anything, but we are talking "cheese sauce"

If you want to surprise your son, buy some of the cheese sauce tublets in four packs (like fruit cups) from the grocery store and pull one out....surprise :D. I've seen them in a red and yellow striped package in the Hispanic aisle. Can't attest to the quality or anything, but we are talking "cheese sauce"

I was going to recommend this. It sounds like you are describing the Rico's brand cheese sauce. It is the same brand that many large venues use for "nachos" at sports stadiums, at least in this area (San Antonio). But here it's just in the regular chips aisle.

Was just on Liberty last week. They have the new Carnival 2.0 upgrades. I don't remember where I was, but saw an employee go past with trash on a cart, with 3 or 4 giant, opened, empty cans of cheese sauce. (12" tall cans)

So it exists somewhere........

I, too, love to put the cheese sauce on my fries (just like a 9 yr old...lol), and I don't remember if they have the sauce on the Breeze, but I do know they don't have regular fries. Only fries available were from Guys Burgers....which I did not like at all. However, they do have fries on the dinner menu, but not at the grill/buffet.

Archived