Coffee Card

Nancy&Frank

I got one on Princess. The coffee in the international cafe did not disappoint but the best part of it was just by showing the card you'd get fresh hot coffee for free (no holes punched)..not the syrup they serve on Princess. I'd go there first thing in the morning and take my coffee up to breakfast.

I got one on Princess. The coffee in the international cafe did not disappoint but the best part of it was just by showing the card you'd get fresh hot coffee for free (no holes punched)..not the syrup they serve on Princess. I'd go there first thing in the morning and take my coffee up to breakfast.

FYI, that coffee card is the same on every Princess ship, unless you have all your "specialty coffees" punched you can use it on future cruises for the normal coffees. So always keep one punch not used.

I personally haven't done it but the folks I was with knew too.

I wish NCL would do something similar.

Jon

It was offered for a short time on an experimental basis on a ship or two a while back, but apparently wasn't successful so it was discontinued. I doubt you'll see it again since it it was already tried without success.

Folks on NCL like alcohol and soda not coffee. Evidently.

You might want to bring a pound of your own brand and use the supplied coffee maker in your cabin. If you do not have one, ask your cabin steward to get you one. If he won't get you one, contact the hotel director whom will be there at your cruise critic "meet and greet".

I find the free coffee in the buffet "so-so" in taste.

Having cruised 6 x with Princess, and I think the coffee card came out by my 3rd or 4th cruise we were thrilled since we would finally be able to get a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Princess makes this motor oil syrup concoction they call coffee which is just not drinkable!!! We found the coffee on NCL just fine, and not being big drinkers of specialty coffees which the card would be a good value if you are, we would not purchase it if offered by NCL.

Having cruised 6 x with Princess, and I think the coffee card came out by my 3rd or 4th cruise we were thrilled since we would finally be able to get a fresh brewed cup of coffee. Princess makes this motor oil syrup concoction they call coffee which is just not drinkable!!! We found the coffee on NCL just fine, and not being big drinkers of specialty coffees which the card would be a good value if you are, we would not purchase it if offered by NCL.

Therein lies the reason a coffee card did not ttake off on NCL. Princess's free cooffee was awful stuff - NCLs is much better. Look in the buffet on NCL and there is a machine which fresh grinds the beans for a quite respectable coffee.

EMedCruise1152.jpg

We love visiting the cafes on cruises and have purchased cards when available (HAL). Perhaps because there are coffee pots in rooms and good coffee in the buffet - which means NCL does recognize its importance?- then cards haven't been considered too seriously.

We would definitely get some cards. Maybe they could offer something like a thermos mug and x number of coffees for a price. If the Q&A opens up again, I'll ask Mr Riley!

Archived