Best what if strategy

davidswife

Hi everyone, I'd like to book a cruise now that sails in Sept, but am unsure how to handle the insurance in the event I am too far along in a pregnancy and must cancel. Should I go ahead and book now and just purchase the insurance that RC offers? Is there independent trip insurance that would be a better option or in this instance? Or, should I take my chances and wait to book until we know for sure? I'm afraid of a price increase if we wait. Also, if we end up having to cancel, do we lose our deposit or is it a full refund?

I just want to add that we're not trying to be irresponsible by planning this trip now. We've struggled with infertility for years and are finally biting the bullet and planning a trip for our 10 year anniversary while still remaining hopeful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I may be mistaken. If so, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Getting pregnant, in and of itself, is not a covered insurable unforeseen event. Now, if traveling during your pregnancy, may put you or the baby in harm,,, then you may have coverage with proper documentation from a medical provider depending on your policy purchased.

What can you do?

Purchase Cancel for Any Reason.

More expensive, I believe it must be purchased within XX number of days of initial deposit, never refunds at 100% and sometimes only as a future credit.

klfrodo - thank you for the info. I didn't realize you had to have an approved reason so to speak. I guess I thought if you purchased any type of insurance, you could cancel with no questions asked. Looks like I'll have to go with the more expensive, any reason, option or just wait.

Can anyone tell me if a cruise with RCCL sailing from San Juan to the southern Caribbean in Sept will be a popular choice and go up in price? Or will they be trying to fill the boat and possibly decrease prices?

Thanks again.

Archived