Allure 1-6-13 with pictures

caneguy

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't worry! It'll be fine. I'm talking the difference between 75 degrees on the Western and places in the 80s on the Eastern/Southern routes.

We got caught in a heavy rain while cave tubing in Belize last year. No shock for a rain forest in the rainy season and nobody froze. Cozumel was very comfortable shorts and t-shirt weather.

Thanks Darkwolfe. It is fun doing the review and I am glad you are enjoying the pictures.

You are quite welcome. Hope I do as well in February! :)

I thank you so much for this review...I am getting so anxious more yet to look at these pictures. I will be on the Allure in Oct on the deck 12 ...2 rooms back from the back of the ship. My question do you think you can see the aqua theater show from the balcony good...or is there a obstruction to it? I keep looking forward to your review!

I thank you so much for this review...I am getting so anxious more yet to look at these pictures. I will be on the Allure in Oct on the deck 12 ...2 rooms back from the back of the ship. My question do you think you can see the aqua theater show from the balcony good...or is there a obstruction to it? I keep looking forward to your review!

you will not be able to see the aqua theatre from you balcony - i have been in the cabin next to yours (on the end). BUT the good news is that there is a door that leads out to a large public deck at the very end that provides very nice, and almost private seating(!), of the aqua theatre. (this is port side)

I will be on the Allure in Oct on the deck 12 ...2 rooms back from the back of the ship. My question do you think you can see the aqua theater show from the balcony good...or is there a obstruction to it?

If your room faces in and over the Boardwalk you will be able to watch the shows in the AquaTheater with no problem. If you have an ocean view room then you will have to go to an alternate balcony.

I am loving your review as I will be on the Allure in less than two weeks and we are doing the Eastern route. Awesome photos. The photo of the infinity pool is now my background!

Hello Gussie56560,

Thanks so much for your comments. I am so happy you like the photo's and also happy that you are using one for your background. I know you will enjoy your cruise. Be sure to see Blue Planet!!!

If your room faces in and over the Boardwalk you will be able to watch the shows in the AquaTheater with no problem. If you have an ocean view room then you will have to go to an alternate balcony.

It is the balcony over looking the boardwalk...2 one from the back over looking the boardwalk...Also anyone know if there is the big screen on each side to me by pictures looks like it is...didn't know?

It is the balcony over looking the boardwalk...2 one from the back over looking the boardwalk...Also anyone know if there is the big screen on each side to me by pictures looks like it is...didn't know?

There is a big screen on each side of the Aqua Theater

DAY 5 - ST/ MAARTEN:

da Plane da Plane

During the trip from St. Thomas to St. Maarten there was a 40 knot cross wind which made the ship rock side to side. It was very noticeable but not to the point of sea sickness.

DSC_0241_zps6e900c7d.jpg

Sunrise on the way to St. Maarten

DSC_0240_zpseb43144f.jpg

Race to the docks of St. Maarten

DSC_0248_zpsa90361fd.jpg

St. Maarten

DSC_0259_zps334d3bea.jpg

"Wind Tunnel"

DAY 5 - ST. MAARTEN CONT.:

My plan from the time I booked this cruise was to go to Maho beach, or better known as "Air Plane Beach". I had checked flight schedules for Julianna Airport and saw that most of the bigger planes landed between 11 AM to 2 PM ship time (St. Maarten is one hour ahead of ship time). We left the ship around 10:15 and it was a 35 minute ride to the beach and ride was $8/pp. Went to the Sunset Grill bar, ordered up some drinks and waited for the planes.

DSC_0300_zpscce77ba3.jpg

Sunset Grill

DSC_0266_zps90e3c464.jpg

The Beach, The Road and The Airport

DSC_0269_zps91a2cc90.jpg

Flight Schedule posted at Sunset Grill

Did not take long for planes of all different sizes to start landing at the airport. NONE OF THE PLANE SHOTS WERE PHOTOSHOP

DSC_0271_zps7f055c19.jpg

In Coming

DSC_0272_zps3329f1f7.jpg

Over Beach

AIRPLANE BEACH CONT:

'THE BIG ONE"

DSC_0353_zps26b70c41.jpg

Can you see the plane?

DSC_0358_zpsd5172475.jpg

Closer....

DSC_0359_zpsad6f9969.jpg

Air France Air Bus 340

DSC_0369_zpsed862361.jpg

Final Approach

Over a few hours my son's and I finished off a few buckets of beer (6 Bud Lite for $15), a few Mojito's, pizza (very good) and some finger foods. Watched a bunch of planes come in for landing and had a very good time. It was very funny as when I saw a plane approaching I would say "plane" jump out of my seat and go take a picture. My younger son remembering the movie UP, starting yelling "Squirrel" to make fun of me, it was very funny.:)

I am loving your plane pictures. Maho is my top to do when I visit St. Maarten.

Thanks Gambee. Coming from you a great compliment. I LOVED your review and pictures. As said many times on this board, about the best review EVER!

I love your pictures of the planes...I was on a tour that stopped there for a little time...we did get to see a couple smaller ones come so close ...it is really wild...I would of loved to see the ones you got pictures of....awesome!

DAY 5 - ST. MAARTEN CONT.:

My plan from the time I booked this cruise was to go to Maho beach, or better known as "Air Plane Beach". I had checked flight schedules for Julianna Airport and saw that most of the bigger planes landed between 11 AM to 2 PM ship time (St. Maarten is one hour ahead of ship time). We left the ship around 10:15 and it was a 35 minute ride to the beach and ride was $8/pp. Went to the Sunset Grill bar, ordered up some drinks and waited for the planes.

I'm wanting to go to Maho Beach when I arrive there in April. How did you get there for only $8 per person?

Liking the pics!

MORE PLANE SHOTS

NO PHOTOSHOP HERE:)

Another AA

DSC_0343_zpsfaa4ab48.jpg

Gulf Stream V Notice the tail symbol - Philadelphia Flyers Plane

I have never seen this plane or a picture of it. Unbelievable shot.

Posting it to Facebook and I am also stealing it.

How appropriate, the Flyers open the NHL season today against the Pittsburgh Weasels.

Thanx, made my day.

AIRPLANE BEACH CONT:

'THE BIG ONE"

DSC_0353_zps26b70c41.jpg

Can you see the plane?

DSC_0358_zpsd5172475.jpg

Closer....

DSC_0359_zpsad6f9969.jpg

Air France Air Bus 340

DSC_0369_zpsed862361.jpg

Final Approach

Over a few hours my son's and I finished off a few buckets of beer (6 Bud Lite for $15), a few Mojito's, pizza (very good) and some finger foods. Watched a bunch of planes come in for landing and had a very good time. It was very funny as when I saw a plane approaching I would say "plane" jump out of my seat and go take a picture. My younger son remembering the movie UP, starting yelling "Squirrel" to make fun of me, it was very funny.:)

unbelievable!!! hopefully the peeps that got blown away in that one shot learned their lesson and found a new location to watch from! oh my ~

I'm wanting to go to Maho Beach when I arrive there in April. How did you get there for only $8 per person?

Liking the pics!

There are vans waiting at the port. They group people together to get to the same location. We had 6 in our van at $8/pp. to Maho, on way back only 5 so it was $9/pp

I have never seen this plane or a picture of it. Unbelievable shot.

Posting it to Facebook and I am also stealing it.

How appropriate, the Flyers open the NHL season today against the Pittsburgh Weasels.

Thanx, made my day.

Glad you liked the picture and steal away. I was told that it was Ed Sinder's plane. We have the Panthers and I would guess their owner would have a single prop Cessna.