Allure 1-6-13 with pictures

caneguy

I am sorry that I did not get a chance to look at the menu of 150 Central Park. Most of our party would not have liked the set menu. I did google it and got quite a few hits. BTW, the menu and restaurant 150 Central Park on the Oasis is done by Michael Schwartz of Michael's Genuine in Miami. His Miami restaurant has been rated by the NY Times as one of the top 10 in the USA!!

Thanks for the info, will take a shot with google.

DAY 7 - AT SEA - LAST DAY ON THE ALLURE (FOR NOW) :(

I love days at sea. Time to just relax, walk around the ship, and people watch.

My son's and I started the morning going to the Flow Rider at 10 AM. No crowds and we went on many rides.

DSC_0491_zps195e06a8.jpg

Younger Son

I wonder if this constitutes a "trick" When I was on Allure there were people doing tricks on boogie boards like shooting the board in front of them and catching it, or rolling over with it. There has been some talk since I was last on Allure that this was stopped. I'm like you, and just held on for the ride and enjoyed myself, but I found it fun to watch others. What did you see?

Debarkation was a little disorganized but I guess trying to get off 5,500 passengers within 2-3 hours is a little difficult. I did notice that U.S. Customs only had two lines open for US Citizens while they had 4 lines open for Non US Citizens.

Hmm, that is the exact opposite of what it was for us. Perhaps they look at the manifest and attempt to create the best number of people?

Well that is all for this review. I hope you enjoyed reading it as I had writing it. It gave me another week to remember what a great time our family had on this amazing ship.

I did very much. Nice job. I am anxiously awaiting my return to Allure and this helped. What you said it and how you said went well with the extra pics.

Edited by BillOh

DAY 7 CONT:

P1010371_zpscea0775c.jpg

We were on this cruise too. Our red beach bag is under the open red umberella on the table. If you look hard enough you might see us.

Thanks for the great review and the trip down memory lane.

Andrew

I wonder if this constitutes a "trick" When I was on Allure there were people doing tricks on boogie boards like shooting the board in front of them and catching it, or rolling over with it. There has been some talk since I was last on Allure that this was stopped. I'm like you, and just held on for the ride and enjoyed myself, but I found it fun to watch others. What did you see?

I saw some great rides on the stand up side. Guys on one leg with hand in water, backward surfing but did not take any pics of them. My son had fun doing "his thing".

We were on this cruise too. Our red beach bag is under the open red umberella on the table. If you look hard enough you might see us.

Thanks for the great review and the trip down memory lane.

Andrew

How nice we were on the same cruise!! Is that your bag just to the right of the hot tub?

Hmm, that is the exact opposite of what it was for us. Perhaps they look at the manifest and attempt to create the best number of people?

I guess so,,, I think more than half the passengers were non US citizens

I did very much. Nice job. I am anxiously awaiting my return to Allure and this helped. What you said it and how you said went well with the extra pics.

Thanks, it was fun doing it

Great report, great pictures...thanks for sharing:D

Awesome pictures!!!! Thanks for the pictures and comments! Especially impressed with the pictures taken at Maho Beach, and your family looks super!

Two questions.... did you happen to stop in Boleros on the Promenade deck.... if yes wondered if a bartender "Adrian" still works there.... had heard he left RCCL, but don't know for sure.

Second question... do you know if Cindy Dangel was the Future Cruise Consultant?

Awesome pictures!!!! Thanks for the pictures and comments! Especially impressed with the pictures taken at Maho Beach, and your family looks super!

Two questions.... did you happen to stop in Boleros on the Promenade deck.... if yes wondered if a bartender "Adrian" still works there.... had heard he left RCCL, but don't know for sure.

Second question... do you know if Cindy Dangel was the Future Cruise Consultant?

I can't speak for the bartender, but I did meet Cindy. We booked a future cruise with her. I found her to be a wonderful person. It took 5 minutes to book the actual cruise (as we know exactly what route and cabin) and we gabbed for 20 minutes while she did the paper work. I would look for her in the future if we return to the Allure, if not just to say hi. She is also the Crown and Anchor Loyalty person on board the ship.

Besides being Canadian we also share the common back-ground of argriculture. Not to forget the love of the sea.

Andrew

Hi, Thanks for the compliment on the pictures and review. I am sorry but we did not go into Boleros on this cruise. I also did not go into the future cruise area as we are not going to go on a cruise until 2014 :(

I can't speak for the bartender, but I did meet Cindy. We booked a future cruise with her. I found her to be a wonderful person. It took 5 minutes to book the actual cruise (as we know exactly what route and cabin) and we gabbed for 20 minutes while she did the paper work. I would look for her in the future if we return to the Allure, if not just to say hi. She is also the Crown and Anchor Loyalty person on board the ship.

Besides being Canadian we also share the common back-ground of argriculture. Not to forget the love of the sea.

Andrew

Thanks for the update... we agree... she is so sweet and often book just to see her:) We didn't do too much cruising last year so missed her... in our planning were wondering where she might be. Again, thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the compliment on the pictures and review. I am sorry but we did not go into Boleros on this cruise. I also did not go into the future cruise area as we are not going to go on a cruise until 2014 :(

Not to worry... thanks anyway, and again... we will be in St Maarten in March and are making plans to go watch the planes ;)

Thanks for the update... we agree... she is so sweet and often book just to see her:) We didn't do too much cruising last year so missed her... in our planning were wondering where she might be. Again, thanks!

Glad to help.

Great review, Caneguy, good job. I just have a quick question, did you get a peek at the 150 Central Park menu? Just wondering if it has changed in the last couple of months.

Thanks for the review!!

Hi Luma001

I was looking over my pics and found this. Hope you can read the menu

DSC_0026_zpsd79e1fd6.jpg

found a few more pics from our trip

P1010368_zps41a34836.jpg

Central Park below

P1010363_zps5a5ba04f.jpg

looking out on Solarium deck

P1010362_zps2a541824.jpg

The "SMALL" shower in Ocean Balcony stateroom. That is my belt and I am a 36" waist. I would guess that the shower has a width of about 34"