Summit C2 (8047) is it actually obstructed ?

acadian_dad

In picking cabin for Mar 2013 cruise on Summit, my TA and I had selected 8069 - but when discussing with Celebrity on phone they told my TA that 8069 is partially obstructed. We chose 8047 as alternative which they said was OK (that's why we chose it).

Now, I happened to noticed in the cabin description on Celebrity website that 8047 is listed as partially obstructed and 8069 is not. :eek: I've set my TA loose to figure out what is going on ... however ...

I wonder if the issue is that something changed on the refit last year and one of the sets of documentation is out of date. Has anyone been in 8047 (or 8045 which is beside) or 8069 since the refit and can confirm whether any of them are partially obstructed or not ? And how bad ?

We're booked on Constellation in March in Cabin 8046 (angled balcony)opposite side to the one you're asking about. Your 8047 has an angled balcony adjacent to it where ship's floorplan juts out a little. Therefore your view is minimally blocked in that direction. However, the folks using the slightly larger angled balcony have more of a view onto your balcony if they care to gawk, in which case you become the gawkee.

See pic attached that I 'borrowed' when researching choices to be the gawker.

8046_angle_Mclass.jpg.37f866ffeed797ddd5f769d43898ef1c.jpg

My TA called them back and the Celebrity contact believes the information on the website is either out of date or inaccurate - she reiterated that he most recent info was that it was not obstructed.

Thanks for the photo - that picture is worth a 1000 words. I believe your interpretation is what they probably meant and that its the adjacent balcony jutting out that is called a partial obstruction. I can certainly live with that.

• 3 years later...