Aqua Blu and Main Dinning Room

cruiseonly

_

Sorry...but this post is completely wrong!

:D. Sometimes people mean well but don't realize how very blunt/rude a printed comment can appear.

...and that was my intent; to address dhstudio's comment with his/her own blunt/rude words which were initially directed to boston_scientist statements.

:D. Sometimes people mean well but don't realize how very blunt/rude a printed comment can appear.

...and that was my intent; to address dhstudio's comment with his/her own blunt/rude words which were initially directed to boston_scientist statements.

Well Jim and Mary really killed this thread!:rolleyes:

Pillows at dawn by the pool? Hope you are not both on Eclipse in April!:cool:

My experience has been this: we were booked in a regular balcony room and therefore assigned to MDR. We met some folks who were booked in AQ, and we had no problems bringing them to the MDR on a couple of occasions after setting it up with the Maitre'd in advance. Having very recently experienced the Summit (last week) and the staff's ability to do everything they can for you, I would expect that if you were booked in AQ but wanted to eat in MDR, there would be no problem whatsoever.

We were in an AQ stateroom on Eclipse a week ago. We did not care for the Blu menu and asked about getting something from the MDR menu. The Maitre D said we could not do that. He said he would arrange for us to "visit" the MDR, which we did. We insisted on being "switched" the MDR. They offered us early dining at a 2-person table... we were in and out in a little over an hour each night... service was "excellent" and we were extremely happy with the dinner choices. Food and service was wonderful. :) Do what is best for you. We tried Blu a few nights and were just not happy. The choices were limited, the food was bland, and even though it is "quieter", we love meeting new people! We were very limited in the Blu to the experience we wanted. You have to choose what is best for you. You paid for it, so just let them know what you would like. We met a number of other AQ passengers who were also unhappy and bored with Blu every night. I think Celebrity should make it an "option" when booking that class of room. After a 14 day cruise, we only gained 3 pounds.... that was in the MDR... so we made very good choices and were very happy.

Archived