Suite guarantee

joelsmith101

Looking at a suite guarantee (W) on Reflection 1/19. There is no S1 or S2 shown as available, just AS, CS, and RS. Is it likely that they may have an S! or S2 available, or could one of the higher categories be a strong possibility?

Thanks.

Hi Joel,

There's really no way of knowing. There is always a chance an S1 or S2 will become available. If that happens, it's likely what you will be assigned. If you are hoping for a higher category Suite, it's definitely possible, but if it were me... I'd keep my expectations low. Should you be assigned a AS, CS or RS, consider it a welcome bonus.

Even if you are assigned an S1 or S2, they are absolutely beautiful cabins, and I'd be perfectly fine with them. I hope this helps !

Host Andy is right on. Anytime I book a gurantee I have to ask myself if at the price quoted I'd be happy with the lowest possible category of cabin for that guarantee code (W, X, etc.) and in the "worst" possible location (i.e. way forward, way back, obstructed, etc.). If the answer is yes I'd be happy, I book, if not then I don't. That way if I get assigned anything other than the lowest category/"worst location" for the code I'm giddy with happiness and think I've "made out". :-)

"Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be disappointed."

Good luck!

Deedee

PS the S2's are great too!

If you're not happy with the suite you're assigned, you may be able to change to one in the same category if another is available. Phone =X= or your TA if this is the case. We booked a suite GTY on the Millennium a few years ago and were assigned a S1 handicapped accessible suite, which we didn't need. I was able to switch to another S1 suite.

"Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be disappointed."

But THAT is absolutely GREAT! :D

I hope you don't mind if I use it from now on to replace my rather boring version of "zero expectation yields zero disappointment." THANKS! ;) :)

Agree, when booking any guarantee, be sure you would be satisfied with the lowest category, worst cabin possible just in case you get it (which in this case would be a nice one no matter what). Even if S1 and S2 don't show as available, that is no guarantee of a higher one. There is a good chance they could become open for some reason, including X deciding to upgrade one of the S1 or S2 passengers into the higher category, giving you theirs. If the price is right, you pretty much can't go wrong, though, as long as you set your expectations correctly.

We did a suite guarantee on our Dec 2012 Southern Caribbean cruise out of Sn Juan on the Summit. When we looked on the website it looked like only handicapped Sky Suites were available. About 3 days prior to departure we finally received our assignment and it was great - 6146 that is connecting to the Penthouse Suite. The bathroom was huge, a nice large balcony and since it connected tothe PH, it was decorated in the same fashion. All in all, we felt like we got an excellent assignment and would take that suite again in a heartbeat. David

Archived